Front Seat Pedestal Socket Broken

I've got a 2010 Z8 and the front seat pedestal socket broken loose from the base. This is the first boat I've had with the 3/4" pin seat pedestal and it is broken loose and flopping back and forth. Had anyone else had this problem?? Have ideas on how to repair short of removing the carpet & pad to get to the socket base to remove and repair and/or install a new base???
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

It happened on my Z7 so i replaced the base.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey Head1 View Post
    It happened on my Z7 so i replaced the base.
    Was your base covered with carpet ??? If so how did you approach getting the base out from under the carpet??
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

I cut an X across the base plate and peeled back the carpet. Installed the new base plate over the carpet until it became time to re-carpet my boat. Also my 2009 Z7 had no access to that area so had to cut hole in deck and add a new hatch. Eventually replaced all the carpet 2 years later.

5. Member
    There's no access to the nuts under the deck on my Z8. So had to drill the bolts out to remove the broken deck plate and punch the long bolts out of the holes. I just ordered some stainless steel 1/4-20 threaded inserts and epoxy adhesive to glue these inserts in the holes to bolt the new deck plate to the deck. They must install the 3/4" pin deck plates before the front deck is installed because there's no way to get to the bottom side.
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496