Thread: Trailer hubs.

Trailer hubs.

Had the bearings go out on one of my hubs. The trailer is a 2014 model. I am the second owner so I'm sure I have no warranty. I was wondering if anyone has bought a whole hub kit with bearings and everything? I can't find any local. I also thought about swapping them all to bearing buddy's just so I can get up and going sooner. Has any one done this?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Is there somewhere to purchase a complete hub assembly? I would like to have a spare.

4. Member
    I was just going to ask the same exact question. I would love a spare and whatever I would need to change it. I've had vortex hubs for 4 years and drove them all over the country with no problems but zero experience with vault hubs

5. Member
    Are the Phoenix trailer hubs (921/920/721) - torsion arm style? And if so - are they the 3,700lb (I wouldn't think the dual/tandem wouldn't be the 5,200 x 4)? I am looking at Phoenix for my next boat - and have been researching potential maintenance items - I travel a lot so always thinking about hub/tire issues.

Thanks.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

6. Member
    I'm curious as to which wheel on the trailer had the issue? Mine is a 2012 and from day one I've had all kinds of issues with the trailer (hubs, leaf springs, brake calipers)

7. Member
    No they do not use a torsion arm.

Mine was the rear starboard side wheel.

8. Member
    If someone finds a source, please share

9. Member
    Ok. Mine has mostly been the rear Port side. I take a crap load of tools when I hit the road now. Pretty pathetic.

10. Member
    Just an update. I went a head and pulled the forward starboard hub to check it. It had almost zero grease and had water in it. I'm just going to change all of them to the bearing buddy type. Vault did say they would replace them, but I dont want to go back to that system. My trailer has thousands of miles on it though. It was used in the Elite Series for a year and I use it very often.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laflur6 View Post
    Just an update. I went a head and pulled the forward starboard hub to check it. It had almost zero grease and had water in it. I'm just going to change all of them to the bearing buddy type. Vault did say they would replace them, but I dont want to go back to that system. My trailer has thousands of miles on it though. It was used in the Elite Series for a year and I use it very often.
    That's what I will do if/when mine go out. I like having something I can service easily and check easily. Hooefully that's a ways out though

12. Member
    I just finished doing the port side and they actually looked good. They still had plenty of grease in them. Better safe than sorry though.