0x66 200hp - Play in Motor - Any Ideas?

I have some up and down play in the motor. During inspection, it looks to be the tilt unit moving. I replaced the lower bushings because that is where it looked like it had play. After doing that, it looks like the play is at the top tilt connection. Doh! Should have replaced those too. Those bushings are on order.

Anybody have ideas on something else it could be? It definitely looks tilt related. I replaced leaking trim seals recently. I thought I got everything bled right. Could there be play in the tilt shaft from the seal replacement and not getting it bled right? Before this, it was rock solid. No sign of motor mount problems that I can see.

2. Member
    Replaced the top 4 bushings. Seems better at the top but still some movement at the bottom of the tilt unit. Maybe it's been there, and it just got to the level that it was noticeable. If all 6 bushings have been replaced and the holes not wallowed out, it should be back to spec I suppose.

3. Banned
    Hey Ed, we have machined these bushings to tighter tolerance. Give us a call if you need a set.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Hey Ed, we have machined these bushings to tighter tolerance. Give us a call if you need a set.
    Thanks Rich! Wish I would have known. I have a new set of stock ones on there now, and it seems better. Do you sell them in pairs or a set?