Crestliner PT20 Review

Here is 3 videos about my

2019 Crestliner PT 20 - Mercury 200 Pro XS 4s - Columbus, OH

Watched all 3 videos, very good review. I have a friend that lives in Sunbury and have thought about taking him fishing when I head back for Georgia in the winter. What is a close lake for us to fish.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

3. Member
    Gordon, great review I am still trying to find right prop for mine. I have a 23 tempest that I tried and the motor would only run 4800rpm. I went back to 19 tempest. My boat still porpoises after trimming up. I absolutely love everything else about it except the porpoising. Would like to get a little more speed.
    2023 SeaArk BC210
    Suzuki 250SS

One heck of a fishing platform there. Great review and look forward to more.

5. Member
    I saw one of these out on Eagle Mountain Lake in Fort Worth today when I stopped in at a marina for lunch. I talked to the owner and he said he ran to Georgia this week to get it; couldn't find one any closer as the demand appears to be outstripping the supply. I couldn't believe the size of the front deck on that thing... I think we could land one of our F-35 Short Take-Off Vertical Landing (STOVL) aircraft on it!

The layout looked outstanding, with lots of storage. I saw the owner motoring in and out of the marina a few times doing his shakedown cruise. I didn't get to see it at WOT, but I would imagine it moves out pretty good with that 200HP Merc on the back.

Now I have to keep reminding myself... I love my Ranger; I don't need anything else; I love my Ranger; I'm not even going to look at anything else...
    Last edited by FlaNative; 07-22-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Steve R
    2016 Ranger RT188
    - Merc 115 4S
    - MinnKota Fortrex 80
    - Lowrance Gen2 HDS Touch 9 (Bow & Console)

6. Member
    Alum Creek is in Sunbury back yard, it is 8 miles from my house. Delaware Lake is not far as well. Lake Erie is awsome, about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Let me know when you make it in town..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Watched all 3 videos, very good review. I have a friend that lives in Sunbury and have thought about taking him fishing when I head back for Georgia in the winter. What is a close lake for us to fish.
    Alum Creek is in Sunbury back yard, it is 8 miles from my house. Delaware Lake is not far as well. Lake Erie is awsome, about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Let me know when you make it in town..

8. Member
    Very nice boat. It has a ton of storage. Only thing I see that could be better would be having storage under the seats. That's minor due to all of the other storage areas.
    I'd say it was well worth the wait. Congratulations on a fine boat.

I fish Alum Creek a lot. Only on the weekdays, though. My favorite thing about the lake is, it has a bunch of different species of fish.
    I don't always tell people where I fish, but when I do, it's a lie.

9. Member
    nice boat!i would be willing to bet that the porposing is a result of weight inbalance.have you ran the boat with nothing in the front compartments?also,there is 290 pounds of batteries in there!i had a river jet that had a porposing issue.i just kept playing with moving the weight around and eventually found the sweet spot.also,can i ask why you chose the 2s over a 4s on there?

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanker71 View Post
    nice boat!i would be willing to bet that the porposing is a result of weight inbalance.have you ran the boat with nothing in the front compartments?also,there is 290 pounds of batteries in there!i had a river jet that had a porposing issue.i just kept playing with moving the weight around and eventually found the sweet spot.also,can i ask why you chose the 2s over a 4s on there?
    When I did break in at Lake Cumberland just the wife and I with no other equipment, I seen very little noticeable proposing. But after I loaded it down with equipment I have seen it much more until I get trim and height adjusted or many times can drive through it.
    I need to rearrange my tackle and see if it helps. I know 3 other guys that is running them and 2 of the 3 is experiencing some porpoising. I think its a matter of weight and prop to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonsweb View Post
    I'll do that.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

12. Banned
    I'm curious to hear how she handles Erie

13. Member
    Good review. I'm the guy that had mine on Eagle Mountain lake. I'm still playing with props and waiting on a 21 Tempest to come in. I have run a Merc Laser II and a Michigan wheel ballistic 23. The ballistic handles well and lift better but the Roma are low around 5200. The Laser gets 5700 rpm and a little more speed but doesn't lift worth a crap. The dealer I bought from in Georgia has set up 6 of these and says he tried from 19 to 24 pitch Tempest and the 21 was what he thought was the best. I haven't added a jack plate yet but that on the short list.

14. Member
    Ran my PT 20 on Lake Erie for past 4 days or so, got to go out on main lake and look for some smallies on Thursday and Sunday. Lake had 2 to 4 footers on Sunday but was to deminish as day went along to 1 to 3's. Just took our time and spend day catching them out near islands. PT20 handled fine, had 3 fish limit and managed 2nd place with 10.85# on Sunday.

On Friday I had to come out of East Harbor and go to ramp at Mizurak which is like 3 blocks away. Had 15-20 mph wind and 25 mph gust. The ole Lake was rocking, I never took any water over front end just kept it slow and worked through the rollers.

Over all PT 20 gave me a dry ride, I lowered the JP all way down and had no porposing at all. I am running a 24 Fury, have a fantastic hole shot, going to barrow a 25P Tempest and give it a try. I would think going up would be best for speed and going down for hole shot. But worth a try..Keep ya posted.

15. Member
    Did u ever resolve the porpoise problem my is terrible at any speed if u trim up at all I have move motor up and down. Tried a 19, 21,and 23 prop and will try a 24 next week. I love the boat but the bouncing is awful

16. Member
    I did install a Chris Baily Foil back in March, what little porposing I has is gone and now able to get some additional trim out.

Reach out to Chris on FB tell him you were referred by Going Fishing Today

17. Member
    Did it stop the top speed porpoise? And now what is your top speed?

18. Member
    Did CB foil build a costom Merc foil for you?

19. Member
    Running 57 with just me, with full tourney load and full tanks around 53. I have not played with my hydraulic jackplate yet, and I know it is down too much.

20. Member
    I have no porposing, it has a great ride since installing my Foil.