MTB, I just don't understand.

I have never understood the popularity of the Mystery Tackle Box craze. I would personally much prefer to spend my money on what I want or need and select these items myself, rather than getting a random package every so often filled with God knows what. Don't get me wrong, hat's off to the inventor, as popular as MTB is they must have a heck of a business!

2. Member
    My wife got it for me for a year. I did not renew, however, it did provide me several news baits I like, and a few hooks. Could I have done without them... sure but worth the few bucks for a year trial.

I got one box and canceled.......like the OP I'd rather choose my stuff.....

ive really tried to down size and MTB does help that.

I will I'll say this - the people at MTB were very good to deal with and service oriented. Emailed to ask why I cancele and refunded my remaining money.

Not it for me, but doesn't mean they don't have value.

Give it it a try - you can always cancel. Use the code "Ike Live" to get 1/2 off your first box.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

it's great for kids, I like many here have more crap over the 50 years I have fished, and had a lure business. So my kid gets to play with stuff in my collection. Two of his buddies are really into fishing and have the MTB and it helps them create their arsenal of baits. There is some pretty good stuff in there and well thought out, they give you a plastic and the proper hook.

good for the kid that dad does not fish, or it just mom too.

5. Banned
    I like MTB theirs a lot of it that I will never use but, it has given me some new baits that I would have never used without it. I have a bad tendency to throw the same baits I am comfortable with even when they are not being productive. MTB has made me broaden my baits.

6. Member
    It has never interested me--I also like to pick my own stuff

7. Member
    I see where the newbies like it. A couple of friends got me a 3 month trial for my birthday. I got some stuff that I wouldn't buy. I guess it was ok but gave most of it to my nephews

I don't have it but would like it just for the reason you guys don't want it.
    I get stuck on the same baits and colors. If someone was sending me random tackle I would try a lot more baits and colors I never would buy.
    In fact I just had a friend call me a few weeks ago from bps to see if I needed anything.
    I asked him to pick up some creature baits in colors I would never throw. I went through the whole package the next day. Got a new favorite color.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

would be good for the senko addicts....

10. Banned
    It is like the bubble gum machines and toy machines they have out front at some stores. Put your money in and turn the handle. It is a child thing but there are many up in age that never grow out of playing them.

11. Member
    I have it.

Some friends in my bass club meet at the ramp on Saturday morning and we open the boxes.

Then we have a little tournament only fishing with what was in the MTB. The winner gets the next months MTB paid for by the club.

Makes it kinda fun when you fish the same places over and over again.

12. huskyjerk
    Sometimes I forget what I order from TW, so it can be kind of a mystery!

13. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    draw back from getting old I know

Dale Sinclair original

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    I have it.

Some friends in my bass club meet at the ramp on Saturday morning and we open the boxes.

Then we have a little tournament only fishing with what was in the MTB. The winner gets the next months MTB paid for by the club.

Makes it kinda fun when you fish the same places over and over again.
    That's neat. Great idea.
    Praying for a Cure

15. Member
    Things like Mystery Tackle Box do 2 things. Appeal to people that are obsessive buyers and feel like they "need" to keep receiving tackle. And secondly it gets people to use things outside of their comfort zone or new baits/concepts. It also may appeal to new anglers just getting started. It has zero appeal to me. I would probably have to re-sell 75% of what is in there.

16. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    If you ever bought a Mystery Junkbox>> You would Never fish in my boat. I think its for Kids or Idiots who like to waste their $$. If you want to try new baits, buy a bass times or other good bass magazine and get some ideas from them.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    would be good for the senko addicts....
    There is a Senko of the month club?
    Question everything!

Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post