Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Rent a camper for a week, you will save a crap ton of money over buying one and using it 2 weeks out of the year.
    This is true, however my camper is at the lake 100 days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    So here's the deal - usd to own a camper and loved it.........want another, but can't get the math to work.

We had had a site on the river and it stayed 24/7. Only moved for week in Disney every year.

Sold it when the time was right.

I have the the itch for another, but for the amount of time we can use it the $$$$ don't ad up.

Between storage and insurance it's cheap to rent a cabin on the river.
    IMO Better to skip the BUG , 1st was a HR Imperial 33' Motor Home, then wife wanted a TT ,used it 4 times and sat.. 2 yrs later she wanted another TT , it sat in Drive Way and we never used it. And will be no more RV's lolo.. now get this.. Sold it,, but it still sits in our driveway .. folks bought it for there daughter, and place she wants to park it, cant access property yet.. she leased 0ld 90 acre farm that house burnt 10 yrs ago, in a mtn area 90 miles away in another state. and dirt road grown up trees and washed out road over the years , they have to redo the whole access road. so she will have septic and creek water, no city water, and electric power pole there but been disconnected access 10 yrs ago, so she wants to go 100% solar when it does get moved there. supposed to of been gone within 30 days when was purchased. she told me this 2 weeks ago and its been sitting 2 months now. I told her I agreed that it can sit till they moved it, figuring 30 days or less. It's not in the way but I told her I wasn't responsible for any damages from falling trees, falling meteorites, air craft parts. acts of mankind or mother nature. and Don't want it sitting there forever. They don't have a truck to pull it either. Dayum! I did wait following month to cancel Insurance I was Paying on it. She uses same Ins Co.
    Guess that will be my Good Deed for the century lolo , no more camp sites pre booked every weekend ,so cant use any way when did have the urge.
    But Motel etc on trips be cheaper in long run..

3. Member
    The math is tough to make work on just camping vs. Hotels, however when you start adding up eating out every meal, snacks, and if you want to eat special foods, say a spouse food plan, and then add theft or risk of theft at hotels, and then charging batteries, worrying about someone hitting the boat at the hotel, and the other things I forgot, camping can make sense.

We did the math, it's fuzzy math, but food, comforts of home, your place, its easier in the long run, but it's fuzzy math.

US personality we would never trade hotel for camping... 20180717_211117.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123