Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Really if you are having to figure out math on buying a camper or not you probably don't need one. It's about being outside, in the woods, out by the fire on the lake or river. We have camped for years and it has never been about a motel being cheaper or not. For us it's what we do, but it's not for everyone.
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

Quote Originally Posted by SCfisher View Post
    Really if you are having to figure out math on buying a camper or not you probably don't need one. It's about being outside, in the woods, out by the fire on the lake or river. We have camped for years and it has never been about a motel being cheaper or not. For us it's what we do, but it's not for everyone.
    +1
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    When I go to sleep in our 5th wheel I know the sheets are clean.
    I know who slept there last. Same for the crapper. I know who's rear
    was there last and when its been cleaned. I always have all my stuff
    with me. (fishing gear, kayaks, bicycles, food etc...)

We use our camper often. We average around 60 nights a year in ours.
    We've been out west from WV many times.
    I don't think there is a better way to see our national parks and forest's
    than camping right in the middle of them. How can you beat camping on the banks
    of the river your fishing the next morning?

Wife and I often travel for work and stay in motels. Nearly every time we both
    are wishing we were in our camper with our stuff.

No question for us. Camping has been one of the most enjoyable things in our lives.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfisher View Post
    agree

5. Member
    Unfortunately, RV and camping spots are nearly impossible in Florida.
    Snowbirds book them 364 days in advance, as soon as they open up.
    And there isn't a percentage reserved for native residents, we lose.
    When the time comes to hit the road full-time for awhile, we will RV again.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    We use ours 300 days a year but if I had to pull it with the boat across the country I would pick a motel.

We have a 1988 5th wheel thats paid for so it's cheaper for us to camp I pull my boat behind the 5th wheel $18 - $25 per night in missouri We stay at Roland Martins in Florida $200 per week $700 per month If i had to finance a camper I'd stay at motel cabin or resort

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joerace View Post
    We have a 1988 5th wheel thats paid for so it's cheaper for us to camp I pull my boat behind the 5th wheel $18 - $25 per night in missouri We stay at Roland Martins in Florida $200 per week $700 per month If i had to finance a camper I'd stay at motel cabin or resort
    Have you had any issues with towing behind the fifth wheel? Some states don't allow triple tow which could present issues when fishing out of state lakes.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

9. Banned

Love my rv, cant beat pulling over any time any place and calling it good. Been parked at some lakes 10 feet from the lake and pull my boat up on shore! I only use my pick up to tow my boat if Im fishing within half a hour. otherwise I like having my fridge, bathroom, clothes and stuff...
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    My problem is that most campers I've been in just aren't comfortable. Cramped seating and furniture that sits like concrete blocks. Oh and I have two of them, one sits at the lake year round.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    My problem is that most campers I've been in just aren't comfortable. Cramped seating and furniture that sits like concrete blocks. Oh and I have two of them, one sits at the lake year round.
    My fifth wheel has a regular queen size bed, a leather J bed and 3 single beds. And I have a Super Sofa that is a leather love seat with two side recliners built in--leather wallhuggers. I also do most cooking outside in a second kitchen. I wish my home was as comfortable.

12. Banned
    You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post

Love my rv, cant beat pulling over any time any place and calling it good. Been parked at some lakes 10 feet from the lake and pull my boat up on shore! I only use my pick up to tow my boat if Im fishing within half a hour. otherwise I like having my fridge, bathroom, clothes and stuff...
    I am sure that would be plenty comfortable for me. Nice rig
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    I agree can't stand to not be comfortable , but I got a great queen bed and a giant bass pro shop camp recliner that is so sweet . And a 50 inch hd t v thats like watching a 70in in a trailer .

15. Member
    We took the table and bench seats out of our camper and used the space for my recliner . We didn't use the table much except as a junk catcher . Figured we would use the recliner more .
    got some of those tv trays that we fold up when not in use .

If you have a boat at a Motel it's sometimes hard to park a boat especially to charge batteries. And then you have to worry about someone helping themselves while you sleep. When we camp I can usually park boat right next to my window.

2013 721 Phoenix 250 Optimax Pro XS
    2020 Ram 3500
    2021 Host Cascade Truck Camper

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Unfortunately, RV and camping spots are nearly impossible in Florida.
    Snowbirds book them 364 days in advance, as soon as they open up.
    And there isn't a percentage reserved for native residents, we lose.
    When the time comes to hit the road full-time for awhile, we will RV again.
    Ain’t that the truth ! I sometimes go there ( work related ) and the biggest problem is finding a place to park my fifth wheel especially during snowbird season . And gouge your eyes out on rent money also during snowbird season . Rent basically doubles !

18. Member
    Agree with SCfisher and kadas. Campfires are great and when the 'math' ain't workin', there's
    always Walmart. But, it boils down to what makes you smile - campfires, my bed the way I like it,
    etc., etc. has me grinning from ear to ear. YMMV - and like the Harley slogan says: 'if ya gotta ask ...'
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRic View Post
    Agree with SCfisher and kadas. Campfires are great and when the 'math' ain't workin', there's
    always Walmart. But, it boils down to what makes you smile - campfires, my bed the way I like it,
    etc., etc. has me grinning from ear to ear. YMMV - and like the Harley slogan says: 'if ya gotta ask ...'
    I’m going to be a very happy camper when we can leave Florida and travel.
    Just no way in heck to RV here and enjoy it. Zero privacy and sky high rates.
    Not to mention having to book anything decent a year in advance.
    Can’t wait to hit the Western states and see stars again, too much light here.
    And the campfire .. that’s going to be great. Start one here and go to jail.

I had rather camp anytime!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast