HDSI Transducer Is it really worth it.

I installed 2 Helix 9 MEGA DI and SI on my boat. The guy I bought them from didn't tell me about the transducer program from Humminbird. Now I will have to pay again to get the best performance JUs wondering if it is worth it. Would my Helix 9 MEAG SI and Helix 9 MEGA DI use the same Transducer? Can I jus install one on the transom and connect both units to the HDSI transducer. So much for me to learn. Thanks in advance for a help.

2. Member
    You sure you have mega units? Mega 9 Di is not available. The mega transducers are the top of the line transducers.

Good question. I know from personal experience that on the SI units replacing the compact transducer
    with the HD transducer produces a significantly better image. Not sure about DI only units.

If one of your Helix units is SI then you will benefit. Listen to this video
    that contains information about this issue --

4. Member
    I had to pay also---GRRR. It's worth it however.

5. Member
    is this upgraded transducer only available for the g2?i have a g1 i think and it could use some improvement.i have a g2 helix 5 on the bow and it shows better detail than my helix 7.also,either i dont have the settings set correct or ?,but the si kinda sux.even though i usually only fish 4-10 ft of water.

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hanker71 View Post
    is this upgraded transducer only available for the g2?i have a g1 i think and it could use some improvement.i have a g2 helix 5 on the bow and it shows better detail than my helix 7.also,either i dont have the settings set correct or ?,but the si kinda sux.even though i usually only fish 4-10 ft of water.
    The SIDE IMAGING transducer that is upgraded to XHS 9 HDSI 180 T has been in use for many years. It will not add any additional capabilities, just sharper images.

It improves the images for these units that have the standard Compact SI transducer----- 398ci HD SI Combo, 598ci HD SI Combo, 698ci HD SI Combo, all three 798 Combos, 899ci HD SI Combo, Helix 5 SI GPS, Helix 5 CHIRP SI GPS G2, Helix 7 SI GPS, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, and Helix 9 SI GPS.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by hanker71 View Post

Helix 5 has higher resolution (pixel density) than the Helix 7 so it will have a sharper native image. The HD transducer will improve SI image sharpness for BOTH Helix 5 and 7 as Wayne mentioned.