Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar

Question 2010 2+2 - options for larger graphs INSIDE console?

Hi all, I have a 2010 2+2. I currently have a Hbird 798 in the console and a Hbird 788 at the bow. I'm ready for new graphs. I don't like the idea of mounting a graph on a ram mount outside the console because of the issues with the rod tray (I use my rod trays). Has anyone modified the dash and dash panels to accept a little larger graph. I don't need a laptop screen but would like something larger (and clearer) than what I have now. The only gauge I use is the smart craft gauge that shows my rpm, psi, and temp so that can be moved off to one side.

I also wonder if I could order two new console lids from Allison (pass and driver) where the driver lid has room for a larger graph.

Looking for ideas! Go!

-duane

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Allison makes a mount that goes above the steering column.

I am currently beating ideas around to mount a Helix 12 at the console of my 2 seater.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. Member
    Somebody reported on here, or allison owners, that while at the allison factory they saw an older xb21 being retro fitted with the larger consoles for the larger graphs. Never heard a follow up. Maybe it was a one time thing darris did but found out it was too much of a pain to do it regularly, or maybe they will do it again.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

4. Member
    LOL, we're all in the same situation brother. I have 2010 2+2 also and am stuck with the HDS 5 that's in the dash and would require a complete overhaul in order to fit a decent size graph and not cover up all of the gauges. If you don't care about viewing your gauges you could build a mount and I believe you could get steering wheel spacers so that it could fit. Really wish it were as simple as just buying a new lid to swap out like you mentioned
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    Hi all, I have a 2010 2+2. I currently have a Hbird 798 in the console and a Hbird 788 at the bow. I'm ready for new graphs. I don't like the idea of mounting a graph on a ram mount outside the console because of the issues with the rod tray (I use my rod trays). Has anyone modified the dash and dash panels to accept a little larger graph. I don't need a laptop screen but would like something larger (and clearer) than what I have now. The only gauge I use is the smart craft gauge that shows my rpm, psi, and temp so that can be moved off to one side.

I also wonder if I could order two new console lids from Allison (pass and driver) where the driver lid has room for a larger graph.

Looking for ideas! Go!

-duane
    Following....HDS5 is all that fits my 03 as well without major mods
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

6. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I am looking at the Humminbird Helix 5 Si GPS. Measurements indicate it "should" fit between the smartcraft and RPM gauge with little modification. Still doing research to see if I can use the existing sonar puck epoxied in the hull for the high speed 2D sonar.

These sonar head units and peripherals have changed so much since I got my boat in Oct 2009.

7. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Update: Saw a Helix 5 in person at Academy today. It is tiny. The screen is smaller than my current 798. Helix 5 is out. This means I need a ram mount.