Thread: Water in hull

Water in hull

When i pull my plugs on 2000 intimidator i get quite a bit of water out of each plug. Was trying to figure out where its coming from this morning. Filled livewell and all was good so i stuck hose in back compartment and sprayed it around and water was coming thru the fitting that has all the hydro jp line and other stuff coming thru the hull. Is this normal and just need to pump water out every so often? Boat sits in the water so low in the back the water level stays above the rub rail.

2. Member
    Yes, I get some as well from that hole. Typically comes in when you come off plane. I got a little rubber boot for it and it keeps some out.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD

3. Member
    Check the screws in the trim tab plates. When I first got my 2001 Intimidator it was also leaking in water and that turned out to be where it was coming from on my G.

4. Member
    Are all 3 plugs draining from the same place or are the seperate? If i could post a pic on here i could show the spot but dont know how

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shakeyhead View Post
    When i pull my plugs on 2000 intimidator i get quite a bit of water out of each plug. Was trying to figure out where its coming from this morning. Filled livewell and all was good so i stuck hose in back compartment and sprayed it around and water was coming thru the fitting that has all the hydro jp line and other stuff coming thru the hull. Is this normal and just need to pump water out every so often? Boat sits in the water so low in the back the water level stays above the rub rail.
    Buy a cartridge tube of MARINE silicone and seal heavy around wires on outside and you can stop leak

Check any fittings on the transom, remove them and use a good sealant..replace and seal around where the hoses go into the fitting...you will get some water from your cooler drain also..might not hurt to check all the drain plugs and make sure they are sealed well also...you will get some water in from backwash, aint much you can do about that except let her down slow...The outside drain plugs were put in because the transom support braces blocked water from draining out, and water would stay on each side, sometimes several gallons depending on conditions..
    LD

Quote Originally Posted by ldbass55 View Post
    Check any fittings on the transom, remove them and use a good sealant..replace and seal around where the hoses go into the fitting...you will get some water from your cooler drain also..might not hurt to check all the drain plugs and make sure they are sealed well also...you will get some water in from backwash, aint much you can do about that except let her down slow...The outside drain plugs were put in because the transom support braces blocked water from draining out, and water would stay on each side, sometimes several gallons depending on conditions..
    LD
    Wonder why Gambler just didn't provide a relief in the transom support brace to allow water to transfer to the drain? Seems like that would have been much easier, and even better not having 2 additional holes in the hull.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."