Good outcome with Costas warranty

I have a pair of Costa wave killer glasses that the tint was coming off of right lens. Just talked to them after sending them in and getting an assessment. They are going to repair them for 17 dollars. I have had them for a few years So I'am a happy customer.

2. Member
    I have only had to use their warranty once and it was my fault. They had a big laugh and fixed them(replaced) for 40.00. 200.00 + glasses and I ran over them with my Tractor! glad you had a good experience with them also.

3. Member

4. Member
    They have warrantied 2 sets of shades for me. Never any issue and fairly quick turn around.

5. Member
    I have used the warranty a few times and no issues. Good folks to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    I have a pair of Costa wave killer glasses that the tint was coming off of right lens. Just talked to them after sending them in and getting an assessment. They are going to repair them for 17 dollars. I have had them for a few years So I'am a happy customer.
    Glad you are happy. Since they are charging you for the repair did they tell you what you did that caused this? They were having delamination issues that was a manufacture flaw if that was the issue I do not think you should have been charged above the 12.00 shipping honestly.

7. Member
    I have a pair of Fantail 580G that the rubber nose piece is coming off, costs me twelve bones for a brand new pair, can't beat that, but I gotta wait a month for it

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney P View Post
    Glad you are happy. Since they are charging you for the repair did they tell you what you did that caused this? They were having delamination issues that was a manufacture flaw if that was the issue I do not think you should have been charged above the 12.00 shipping honestly.
    they really got to him for five bucks huh

Quote Originally Posted by RTex View Post
    they really got to him for five bucks huh
    Maybe 5.00 or it could be $17 + $12 shipping. I am a cheap bastard lol.

I was more curious if they said it was something he did and what it was so I did not repeat it on my prescription Costas. They had been taking care of the delamination issue under warranty with no other charge above the shipping cost.

10. Member
    They did not say and I didn't ask. Didn't know about any of the issues. Just glad they are fixing them.

11. Member
    Glad you had a good experience. Just got mine back because i chose not to repair for a $140 charge. Last pair I purchase. Had 5 sets total, never had to warranty until these.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

12. Member
    Just sent my second pair back to them due to the rubber falling out again so this will be my third pair. Actually had a horrible experience with the "supervisor" this time. They may be like any other company and you just have to get lucky to get someone that's good at customer service. Who knows but this woman acted like she was doing me a favor by being made to stand behind her product. She actually said "this is the last time we will accommodate you". Accommodate really. Like I enjoy sending back junk glasses every few months. Won't buy another pair, too many other brands to try and to frustrating to have to deal with this for $250 glasses. Funny thing is my friend has had the same pair for many years and they have held up fine. Obviously we weren't meant to play together.

13. Banned
    Hey Jeff- Just curious, do You put on any lotion/oil while outdoors? The reason I ask, is My pair of CDM400s (less expensive) has some grey colored plastic or rubber hanging from the Starboard lens. I use a liberal amount of Coconut Oil only and nothing else and the pairs of 580s are fine.

14. Member
    No sir I do have oily skin though so maybe that's the culprit. I haven't had this problem with other brands so who knows. The first time I sent them back they admitted to having a problem with the rubber peeling off. They mentioned they changed something in the manufacturing process as a fix but who knows.

I have a pair that the paint is bubbling up all over the frame. Theyre the shiny black ones- the flat black and tortoise ones are fine

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

16. Member
    I've heard similar stories. never had a bad experience with them myself.
    I had been told by a costa rep that the rubber breakdown doesnt happen to every customer and there's something about body chemistry causing this on certain people...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac78 View Post
    Just sent my second pair back to them due to the rubber falling out again so this will be my third pair. Actually had a horrible experience with the "supervisor" this time. They may be like any other company and you just have to get lucky to get someone that's good at customer service. Who knows but this woman acted like she was doing me a favor by being made to stand behind her product. She actually said "this is the last time we will accommodate you". Accommodate really. Like I enjoy sending back junk glasses every few months. Won't buy another pair, too many other brands to try and to frustrating to have to deal with this for $250 glasses. Funny thing is my friend has had the same pair for many years and they have held up fine. Obviously we weren't meant to play together.