Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Aggressive drivers

It used to be that young men were considered the most aggressive drivers and had to pay more for insurance because of this. It seems to me that this has changed. Every time I see a tailgater or someone not just speeding but weaving in and out of traffic and cutting off other drivers it turns out to be a young woman. Yesterday I had a 20 something "lady" pass me on the Right hand shoulder when towing my boat at 50 miles an hour, gave me the finger on the way by.

I find that the worst tailgaters are young women; very rarely young guys.

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Been noticing around me it seems like its more soccer moms in their SUV's

4. Member
    I commute 48 miles one way to work every morning, I've done this for many years. Apparently I'm one of the few that isn't in a big hurry to get to the office, the driving habits and the speeds at which they drive have gotten out of hand. Cell phone use is a huge contributor to accidents nowadays and I do agree that young women seem to be some of the most aggressive drivers. Another thing that I've noticed is the amount of people driving early in the mornings with no lights on same thing goes during an extremely hard rain.........................and the non-use of turn signals, well that's a different story altogether!

5. Member
    Women can put on makeup, text, drink coffee and talk on the phone all while driving. Very talented
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I find that the worst tailgaters are young women; very rarely young guys.
    Yep
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I commute 48 miles one way to work every morning, I've done this for many years. Apparently I'm one of the few that isn't in a big hurry to get to the office, the driving habits and the speeds at which they drive have gotten out of hand. Cell phone use is a huge contributor to accidents nowadays and I do agree that young women seem to be some of the most aggressive drivers. Another thing that I've noticed is the amount of people driving early in the mornings with no lights on same thing goes during an extremely hard rain.........................and the non-use of turn signals, well that's a different story altogether!
    an inability to understand a simple round-a-bout....

8. Member
    My only issue is the jack wagons doin the speed limit or barely over in fast lane get the f outta the way

Quote Originally Posted by lozbasser17 View Post
    My only issue is the jack wagons doin the speed limit or barely over in fast lane get the f outta the way
    ^^This! ...these people should be hanged

We even have signs all over the highways now saying "it's a passing lane, not a driving lane, move over!" ... people don't care, they just camp out there blocking a mile of traffic without a care in the world.

commutter....about an hour each way.

Who the hell are all these people talking to at 5am.....over half are on the phone!

11. Member
    Middle aged men seem to be the most aggressive around here. Bobbing and weaving across 4 lanes.

The difference between 70 MPH and 85MPH is 8 seconds a mile. So a 20 mile commute, you would save yourself 2.5 minutes if you did 85 instead of 70.

I'm not that hard up for 2.5 minutes, myself. I hope they spend those 160 seconds wisely.

12. Banned

I wouldn't call myself aggressive, but I do get highly mad at people who won't keep their slow ass in the right lane. I get even madder at semi trucks who go to make a pass and then end up just riding alongside whomever they were going to pass....either compete the pass or get the hell out of the way!!!!

13. Member
    Yeah they have a lot of nerve. They exceed the speed limit in the left lane and keep more law breakers from doing the same. Why don't they just leave 5 minutes earlier and follow the law? LOL.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    an inability to understand a simple round-a-bout....
    Funny you mention that, one was installed in Jeffersonville IN not long ago and all the bug eaters simply could not figure it out! A roundabout requires you to actually pay attention to what you are doing, which is a foreign concept for those drivers.

http://www.newsandtribune.com/news/i...6141071b7.html

That's why I take back roads to work. The older I get the shorter my fuse gets. I have chased people down just to try and get them to pull over so I could bitch slap some sense into them. Better to just avoid traffic if possible. Young folks and cell phones are going to cause a lot of accidents.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimslaw View Post
    That's why I take back roads to work. The older I get the shorter my fuse gets. I have chased people down just to try and get them to pull over so I could bitch slap some sense into them. Better to just avoid traffic if possible. Young folks and cell phones are going to cause a lot of accidents.
    Its doesn't matter matter what you do to try and avoid it, it only takes one person and that person is out there 24/7! Its like going to Wal-Mart at 6:00am looking for Qtips..............there will always be someone standing in front of the Qtips when you get there!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    Women can put on makeup, text, drink coffee and talk on the phone all while driving. Very talented
    I noticed this back in the 80s when I would drive 285 around Atlanta, minus the cell phone of course. I noticed many young ladies putting on make-up while driving 75-80 mph. I even saw one blow by me driving with her knees while putting on make-up. She was driving a little Toyota wearing a short dress and almost caused me to wreck because her dress had worked it's way up to her waist.

18. Scraps
    I drive the blue route, 476, every day and it is getting more and more stressful with the idiots on their phones and the aggressive, ignorant driving.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

19. Banned

20. Member
    Sounds like a good place for a H.P. to show up. Around here it is illegal to ride in the left lane and you can be ticketed.They also can ticket you for being in the left lane and SPEEDING!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast