Question Graphs and TM setup

Hey guys,

I have a bass boat. I'm upgrading my graphs and trolling motor.

I have two new HDS7 Gen 3 graphs. I was also planning on buying a HDS7 Gen 3 Carbon, a MG Xi5 TM and a networking system so the 3 graphs and TM can all work together.

Now I find that the MK Ultrex will be available in Australia soon (where I live). Now I'm thinking of having the 2 HDS7's at the dash for Mapping, sonar, side & down imaging. Instead of the Xi5 and another HDS7 at the bow I'm now thinking of having an Ultrex with I-Pilot Link and a HB Helix 9.

The Ultrex and Helix would be independent of the HDS7 graphs at the console. I really like the Ultrex over the Xi5. (I need cable steer, spot lock and the Follow the Contour features that come with the Ultrex and Helix 9 combo). I don't want to sell the HDS 7 graphs.

Does anybody run the second setup on their bass boat. I would be interested to see what you have to say.

Cheers

BA

2. Member
    I have an Ultrex and never use the ipilot link function. The spot lock is awesome and it will also bluetooth with your phone so you can troll from the back of the boat. The functionality of the link would not persuade me to switch to humminbird if you already have lowrance. If I did it all over again I would have not paid extra for the link with the ultrex and I have a helix 10 and helix 12. Just my .02 but it seems the only thing the link gets used for is trolling at a specified depth through the humminbird map cards. Personally I have no use for that function. If I want to fish a waypoint I just mark it on my graph then spot lock on it when I am there. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. Helps a lot.