Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sdendy View Post
    Does not include freight, tax, tag, dealer fees and batteries.
    So that isn't the price!!!
    They could put $29,995.
    (Plus motor, trailer, and front deck)
    This kinda crap keeps me from buying another Phoenix.
    My money my opinion my choice.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    So that isn't the price!!!
    They could put $29,995.
    (Plus motor, trailer, and front deck)
    This kinda crap keeps me from buying another Phoenix.
    My money my opinion my choice.
    I guess your not buying any brand. Every manufacture does that because every dealer has different fees, state taxes, tag fees, etc. It's just part of it

3. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I guess your not buying any brand. Every manufacture does that because every dealer has different fees, state taxes, tag fees, etc. It's just part of it
    I got this exact response much faster than I expected, can I purchase this boat straight from Phoenix for this price or do they set the dealers of for a percentage of failure? And no I will not buy new from a dealer for this reason. I purchased my boat used and love it. I should have proof read my first reply. I meant I would Not buy a new Phoenix. But my reply is overall my opinion. To each his own. But the car dealer type of smoke and mirrors is too much for me.

4. Member
    Did you read the advertisement in the magazine or online? The astrek clearly states what is for plus the other. A lot of dealers add on the popular options. Padded Deck, Extra Console, Velocity Wheels etc. I am with you on buying used but I opted to get the boat I wanted with the options I wanted this time because the color combinations were not what I wanted that I was finding. To each its own I hate the Taxes and Depreciation but you can’t take it with you!
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

5. Member
    I got this exact response much faster than I expected, can I purchase this boat straight from Phoenix for this price or do they set the dealers of for a percentage of failure? And no I will not buy new from a dealer for this reason. I purchased my boat used and love it. I should have proof read my first reply. I meant I would Not buy a new Phoenix. But my reply is overall my opinion. To each his own. But the car dealer type of smoke and mirrors is too much for me.
    I don't know the percentages the dealers make but with that most have different prep charges I guess that comes in to play. I wouldn't think they set dealers up for failure. Why would you set up the people that sell your product to fail? Your right though, to each his own. I understand what your saying about new vs used but the taxes still apply on used boats. If you go to a dealer and a used boat has a price of 31,500 that's still not counting taxes and stuff. You may be able to skate around some of that buying from an individual. That might depend on your state though. Texas will charge taxes based on the value of the boat and not what you claim to have paid.

6. Moderator
    I don't know the percentages the dealers make but with that most have different prep charges I guess that comes in to play. I wouldn't think they set dealers up for failure. Why would you set up the people that sell your product to fail? Your right though, to each his own. I understand what your saying about new vs used but the taxes still apply on used boats. If you go to a dealer and a used boat has a price of 31,500 that's still not counting taxes and stuff. You may be able to skate around some of that buying from an individual. That might depend on your state though. Texas will charge taxes based on the value of the boat and not what you claim to have paid.
    Here in Mississippi we do not pay taxes used boats purchased from an individual. So taxes and a little depreciation has taken place when buying used depending on how old it is. I am a realist and I think companies lie as a marketing tool. I can see taxes being added to the price but all the other things should be included in the price. So for example say $59,999/+tax.

7. Member
    Here in Mississippi we do not pay taxes used boats purchased from an individual. So taxes and a little depreciation has taken place when buying used depending on how old it is. I am a realist and I think companies lie as a marketing tool. I can see taxes being added to the price but all the other things should be included in the price. So for example say $59,999/+tax.
    Shoot, I would buy used to if it was like that here. I do think companies aren't always forthcoming about what something actually cost but that's just where you have to be a good shopper and do your homework. I called a lot of dealers and got prices before I bought mine. The prep charges were all over the place. One place wanted around 2k I think for prep. I know the boats come prepped so that was a major turn off right away. I ended getting mine at the closest dealer and he was right inline with the cheapest I found a few hours away. I definitely agree with what your saying though, I wish it was that way. It would be much easier to shop

8. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Shoot, I would buy used to if it was like that here. I do think companies aren't always forthcoming about what something actually cost but that's just where you have to be a good shopper and do your homework. I called a lot of dealers and got prices before I bought mine. The prep charges were all over the place. One place wanted around 2k I think for prep. I know the boats come prepped so that was a major turn off right away. I ended getting mine at the closest dealer and he was right inline with the cheapest I found a few hours away. I definitely agree with what your saying though, I wish it was that way. It would be much easier to shop

The boats are not always prepped. For example if you get power poles only the brackets are mounted, the dealers have to perform the remaining install. Batteries are not included from the factory so the dealer will also need to install the batteries and ensure all the electronics are working properly. The dealer also has to prime, put oil, gas and setup the motor from shipping. I know these are minor, but every little thing the dealer has to do the time adds up and each dealer has different shop rates. Then you have the freight charges, not all dealers get hit for the same amount of freight as they may be closer than another dealer.

9. Member
    maybe they should make it illegal to buy a new boat, or car, or truck, or house, so we don't have to pay taxes, and fees, on new stuff.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

10. Member
    Check Freedom Marine Center in Guntersville, Alabama. Best prices on Phoenix Boats!
    2024 Phoenix 721 ProXP/ 2024 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    Lowrance Electronics

www.phoenixbassboats.com
    www.mercurymarine.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.freedommarinecenter.com
    www.bassboattech.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    The boats are not always prepped. For example if you get power poles only the brackets are mounted, the dealers have to perform the remaining install. Batteries are not included from the factory so the dealer will also need to install the batteries and ensure all the electronics are working properly. The dealer also has to prime, put oil, gas and setup the motor from shipping. I know these are minor, but every little thing the dealer has to do the time adds up and each dealer has different shop rates. Then you have the freight charges, not all dealers get hit for the same amount of freight as they may be closer than another dealer.
    Yea, I should have stated that better. I know there are little things but an hours time, maybe 2, can take care of everything on most boats. And the way I ordered mine I knew what it would take, batteries, gas, and go.

12. Member
    Inflation has gotten the best of our society. There is no reason that boats, cars, trucks and house should cost what they do today. At the end of the day a boat is fiberglass and resin and ther is no reason why one should not be able to purchase a 20ft boat with a 250 for 40k. We are the ones who actually control the market and as long as we keep signing our names on the dotted line the prices will continue to rise.

13. Member
    Same way here in KY. Buy from a dealer, pay sales tax. Have a trade, youbpay taxes on the difference. Buy from an individual, no sales tax. If youre buying a 1-2 year old boat you wind up saving the depreciation and a good chunk of taxes. I actually questioned a phoenix dealer in KY about this and he lied right straight through his teeth about it. Ill never ever deal with him. Dealers will do or say anything to get ya to do business with them
    They aint got hands, set the hook

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywooddave View Post
    I saw a 2018 721 last Friday at the Chattanooga airport and it was priced at $63,000 . Moses Marine had it - it's on their web site.

Saw that boat today at the airport. Nice boat. I called them and asked why it was priced above the nationally advertised price. The guy told me I must be thinking of a 720 or 719. I don't think they know the models very well. They are a new dealer.

15. Member
    That price also includes a manual jack plate, not hydraulic. At least that's what I was told when I looked into it in May. Ended up buying a used 920 with 100 hours for a lot less.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he spends $60,000 on a boat and releases all the fish.

16. Member
    Think about this

Outboard=$16,000
    Power poles=$4400
    Trolling motor=$1500
    Electronics=$4000
    Trailer=$6000
    Batteries=$600-$1000
    Stereo=$500

That's $33,000 of stuff without even having a boat to put it on. The boat is no longer the biggest expense in buying a boat! LOL. Of course those numbers I put up can change depending on what you want to put on the rig. I think if you go with minimal equipment you can still get a really nice boat at a nice price. Most of us have just been bitten by the latest and greatest bug. I know I have been!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

17. Member
    Not me.

I only have a cheepie 919.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12