Best 9mm ammo price

Whos got the best deals right now? Need 500-1000 rounds

LAXammo has 1000rds for $185. I did get an email a week ago some place had it for .17/rd.

LAX has free shipping first time buyers too. Ammoseek has some cheaper options as well.

4. Member
    Thanks!

There are several search engines out there that will help you find good prices such as https://ammoseek.com/
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    There are several search engines out there that will help you find good prices such as https://ammoseek.com/
    YES... +1 on the search engines. Ammo prices change fast...

Have you guys had good luck with reloaded brass ammo?

See ya

Quote Originally Posted by HatfieldHog View Post
    Have you guys had good luck with reloaded brass ammo?

See ya
    Never tried it but I did a cost analysis and its hard to justify reloading from a cost perspective. Right now, 9mm can be bought for about the same, or maybe less, than reloading for 115 gr loads. 45 ACP is a little better but still at best saving about 5 cents a round. If you have to buy all the reloading equipment then you'll have to reload almost 6000 rounds to pay for it before reloading become cheaper.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I agree with 9MM cost to reload VS new rounds. My buddy reloads all for me in .380, 9mm, .45. I save the brass and also get brass from the range
    and buy once fired brass cheap at shows. YES, we save some money reloading but we like how we can make them to what we want and like.
    The things with reloads are you can set your amount of powder to your liking. We buy bulk direct from the bullet MFG and save big time as he is only an hour away.
    Here is his link if anyone is interested. https://statelinebullets.com/

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Never tried it but I did a cost analysis and its hard to justify reloading from a cost perspective. Right now, 9mm can be bought for about the same, or maybe less, than reloading for 115 gr loads. 45 ACP is a little better but still at best saving about 5 cents a round. If you have to buy all the reloading equipment then you'll have to reload almost 6000 rounds to pay for it before reloading become cheaper.
    I am reloading 124GN FMJ for about 6.00 a box of 50. I have never seen 9 mm cheaper other that a crazy rem rebate deal. That is rocky mountain reloading bullets 124GN FMJ round nose , CCI small pistol primers and my old brass. Paid 75.00 for 1000 124gn FMJ bullets shipped and 26.00 for 1000 primers and 22.00 for 1LB Win 231 power which will do about 1500 rounds. This works out to about 12 cents a s shot for 124 grain and around here 124 grain cost about 16.00 a box. You can do 115 GN for the same price as it is 2.00 cheaper for the 115gn bullets. You have to buy when the items are on sale even if you dont need them to save the money. You can be in a lee classic turret press for 200.00 and dies for 38.00 and a scale and a digital caliper which you can get from harbor freight for 12.00 and that is all you really need. Yes I purchased a bullet puller for 15.00 and yes I have used it but dont have to have one. You can find load data online for free. I paid 175.00 for my classic turret kit with everything you need except dies including a book and scale on sale a few months back from Brownells to get you started. Yes I have a better scale a 505 RCBS but loaded with sale that came with kit for a while till I found the smoking deal on ebay for the way better scale that I purchased for 50.00 from ebay new.

I just bought my press and all equipment in Jan. We have shot 1250 rounds so far of plated and just make the 2000 round FMJ purchase so after these are gone we are saving. Split cost of press and equipment with uncle who also shoots so have to shoot 1500 rounds each and then savings kick in.

Here is my setup. Used a old kitchen cart for a desk since I do not have a man cave or garage.
    reloading press by Scott Elm, on Flickr
    Last edited by racefan; 07-28-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    Bassboatseats.com your one stop seat & carpet
    replacement headquarters
    http://www.bassboatseats.com

Blazer 14.00/50 Wal-Mart's, academy ......
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

Quote Originally Posted by racefan View Post
    I am reloading 124GN FMJ for about 6.00 a box of 50. I have never seen 9 mm cheaper other that a crazy rem rebate deal. That is rocky mountain reloading bullets 124GN FMJ round nose , CCI small pistol primers and my old brass. Paid 75.00 for 1000 124gn FMJ bullets shipped and 26.00 for 1000 primers and 22.00 for 1LB Win 231 power which will do about 1500 rounds. This works out to about 12 cents a s shot for 124 grain and around here 124 grain cost about 16.00 a box. You can do 115 GN for the same price as it is 2.00 cheaper for the 115gn bullets. You have to buy when the items are on sale even if you dont need them to save the money. You can be in a lee classic turret press for 200.00 and dies for 38.00 and a scale and a digital caliper which you can get from harbor freight for 12.00 and that is all you really need. Yes I purchased a bullet puller for 15.00 and yes I have used it but dont have to have one. You can find load data online for free. I paid 175.00 for my classic turret kit with everything you need except dies including a book and scale on sale a few months back from Brownells to get you started. Yes I have a better scale a 505 RCBS but loaded with sale that came with kit for a while till I found the smoking deal on ebay for the way better scale that I purchased for 50.00 from ebay new.

I just bought my press and all equipment in Jan. We have shot 1250 rounds so far of plated and just make the 2000 round FMJ purchase so after these are gone we are saving. Split cost of press and equipment with uncle who also shoots so have to shoot 1500 rounds each and then savings kick in.

Here is my setup. Used a old kitchen cart for a desk since I do not have a man cave or garage.
    reloading press by Scott Elm, on Flickr
    It does hlep to have the brass to reuse. I was factoring in 3.9 cents per round for brass. Do your prices include shipping or sales tax? How long it takes to break even depends on what you can buy loaded ammo for. I found some reman 124gr for 18.2 cents per round after shipping for 1000 rounds. At that rate you'd be saving 6.2 cents a round and it would take a little over 4800 rounds to break even on $300 worth of reloading equipment. Then I'd have to shoot all that ammo, right, cause I mean I gotta. :) So I think I shot about either 200 or 300 rounds at the range last week. If it was 300 then that's 16 trips to the range at $20 an hour so by saving all that money reloading I just spent an extra $320 shooting it all up. LOL.
    Last edited by berudd; 07-31-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Yes my prices include tax. It comes down to how much equipment you buy and brand with the Lee not the best but very good for the money. You must but when it is on sale or have a 10 or 15% off coupon or holiday sale. Bullets ship free from a lot of places primers and power you must buy local because of the haz ship rate. At my clus have 2 that reload heavy and work delivering cars so stop at every gun shop on the way and found a few great stores that sell cheaper and they get suplies for me. he gets me my power and primers in Ohio.

We need to shoot 3000 rounds to break even and start saving. If you shoot 200 rounds in one day you need to reload for sure. Pick up the brass at the range laying around or ask people if you can have there brass. The brass is where you can save yourself a lot of money. I must have 4000 rounds of 9mm brass just from Feb as everybody here shoots 9mm and only a few seem to reload and at the club on shoot nights guests shoot sometimes 200 rounds and leave there brass for the taking so I come home every trip with a pile of brass.
    Bassboatseats.com your one stop seat & carpet
    replacement headquarters
    http://www.bassboatseats.com