fortrex question not lining up when going into the down lock position???

I just installed a new fortrex today
    while checking everything out
    i quickly noticed that when putting the motor in the down position it get stuck slightly on the left hand side.
    you can put pressure on it and it will snap into the down position but only when pressure is applied....
    in the down position the gap of the motor is a lot wider on one side of the bracket??

nothing looks bent and the box was in perfect condition when i received it.
    Is there any way to correct this???
    it looks like if i shaved off about a quarter inch on the left side of the bracket it would work fine
    but just really bummed i would have to do anything like that on a new trolling motor???

any help or ideas would be great

2. Member
    loosen up your mounting bolts. retighten them all down again in equal amounts.tighten each bolt down to just tight. then tighen each bolt till you get bracket just right and motor releases and drops down just right. playing with the mounting bolts usually solves your problem.

3. Member
    You also need to check the deck to see if it has a slope from inside to outside or back to front. If it does then you may have to put a shim in the form of a flat washer to square off the mount. There are kits that come with flat rubber washers to take care of such problems.

4. Member
    Basically like is said above, probably the motor is mounted in a "twist" and the bracket needs to be shimmed.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    One more thing to check, make sure the 1/4" allen screw (at the top of the mount - knuckle joint??) is tight.

6. Member
    I just tried my new 80# out yesterday, good thing I did, the transducer wiring was ziptied on the wrong side of the support arm, wouldn't let it lock down.