Wild River Sport & Marine

Any of you guys have any experience dealing with Wild River Sport & Marine up in Trego? Been trying to deal with them via phone and e-mail about a boat and can't get them to return correspondence. BBB gives them an A+ rating. Just curious as to whether it's a decent dealership or if I'm wasting my time trying to deal with them. Waylon is the guy I've talked to on the few occasions I get any response at all from them. Thanks.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

2. Member
    They rebuilt my motor for me last year. Did a decent job and was very communicative with me. It is a decent dealership. What are you looking at getting? I can always stop in for you this week.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

Thanks for the response, dbuchmann,

They have a 2004 Tuffy 1990c Osprey advertised in Boat Trader. Looks like it would be the ticket for me on Lake Erie. I was interested in it and even had a buyer interested in my Champion, but I couldn't get them to send me any pictures or info on the boat. For what ever reason, they didn't seem interested in selling to me; maybe looking for a cash buyer or someone local, but I couldn't get a line of communication going with them for anything.

I'd still be interested in the boat, but I've got to think there is some reason for them to blow off a potential buyer of a boat that they've been sitting on for that long. Any feedback I can find on-line about them is positive, that's what has me confused.

Don't go out of your way, but if you happen to go by there and stop in, I'm sure curious about the boat and why they seem uninterested in selling it to me.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Last edited by K-ach; 07-24-2017 at 02:13 AM.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

4. Member
    I just looked on their website and didn't see it listed on their page anymore.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

They have it listed in the "New Boat" section, as the hull has never been titled. It has sat out some and has some pretty significant weathering however, so calling it new is probably a bit of a stretch. Anyway, another day has gone by with no contact from them, so for what ever reason, they seem to be completely uninterested in selling to me, having ignored numerous emails and phone calls even as they promise to 'get back with me as soon as the salesman is available'. Just not worth making a 700 mile drive if that's the kind of treatment I can expect once I get there.

Anyway, like I said, don't go out of your way, but if you happen to be in the area with nothing to do, I would be curious as to what's up with it.

Thanks again,
    Kevin
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

6. Member
    I'll swing by tomorrow.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

7. Member
    Just stopped and looked and took a bunch of pictures for you. Said he emailed you the other day
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

Last communication I had from him was one week ago tomorrow. Oh, well. Thanks for stopping in and checking. I'll pm you with my email. If you can forward the pics, that would be great. Maybe I'll try to get in contact with him one more time.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

message sent
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX