Networking question.

Right now I'm running an onix on the console and a onix on the bow with 360. All networked to the 5 port Ethernet switch. I'm moving my onix that is on the bow and going with double onixs on the console. I'm getting a helix 12 di to replace the bow unit. My question is, right now the heading sensor for the 360 is connected to the bow onix unit. When I move it back to the console , do I need to hook up the heading sensor up to the new helix or do I leave it hooked to the onix that will now be on the console. Will I lose the ability to share the heading sensor on my onixs if it's hooked up to the helix? Just a little help please.

I tried to leave my HS connected to the Onix units when I added my Helix 12' for 360. I was not able to see waypoints on the Helix in 360 mode. You will need to add, or move your current HS to the Helix to see waypoints on the Helix in 360 mode.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

3. Member
    That sucks. Guess I'm in the market for a heading sensor!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybass2 View Post
    I tried to leave my HS connected to the Onix units when I added my Helix 12' for 360. I was not able to see waypoints on the Helix in 360 mode. You will need to add, or move your current HS to the Helix to see waypoints on the Helix in 360 mode.

Thanks for this info , I ran into that yesterday and was wondering whats was up ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill3435 View Post
    Right now I'm running an onix on the console and a onix on the bow with 360. All networked to the 5 port Ethernet switch. I'm moving my onix that is on the bow and going with double onixs on the console. I'm getting a helix 12 di to replace the bow unit. My question is, right now the heading sensor for the 360 is connected to the bow onix unit. When I move it back to the console , do I need to hook up the heading sensor up to the new helix or do I leave it hooked to the onix that will now be on the console. Will I lose the ability to share the heading sensor on my onixs if it's hooked up to the helix? Just a little help please.

You can hook it up to the Helix with an adapter . I have my heading sensor hooked to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill3435 View Post
    That sucks. Guess I'm in the market for a heading sensor!!
    Exactly what I did. Didn't want to live without HS on any units.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link