Need new compressor, whats the most current version/part #?

My motor is a 2005 225hp Mercury optimax. My serial number is 1B044223. Im just trying to get the latest version of this compressor brand new. But im having a hard time finding the part number. Thanks in advace for any help.

2. Member
    It looks like the most current compressor for my motor is 8M0060052. Could anyone verify this before i order one please?

3. Member
    A simple call to Mercury will answer your question. I called last week for my 250Proxs and they told me 8M0060051. I believe one is unpainted and the other is painted. I had called to find out if it was the latest PN# and if there was any issue with the reed assembly because of the recent recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    It looks like the most current compressor for my motor is 8M0060052. Could anyone verify this before i order one please?

4. Member
    mike the 52 comp is latest one, 51 is for pxs which has diff air intake [ vertical] and doesn't use filter in intake hose and should be painted black
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Thanks for confirming that for me! Ill get one ordered up and hopefully be back on the water by the end of next week.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can also see Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the forum. On our website- you're getting the LATEST part number when you add the item to the shopping cart.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor