Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    I recieved 2 trophy plus's with my 2+2. They were horrible. Quickly sold them.

Horrible as in holeshot? That's kind of strange even though they were a 26 and 27 and you have noted your best results have been with a 24. I have run ET's, Hydromotive Quad variants, Choppers, Modded choppers, the entire Hoss Line, Yammys, etc. etc. Now most of these weren't load carriers, but the best all around prop I found was the Trophy whether it was 2" below the pad all the way to 3/4" above. Handled great, carried weight very well and ran balanced without a abundance of bow lift and still had a very respectable top end.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    Horrible as in holeshot? That's kind of strange even though they were a 26 and 27 and you have noted your best results have been with a 24. I have run ET's, Hydromotive Quad variants, Choppers, Modded choppers, the entire Hoss Line, Yammys, etc. etc. Now most of these weren't load carriers, but the best all around prop I found was the Trophy whether it was 2" below the pad all the way to 3/4" above. Handled great, carried weight very well and ran balanced without a abundance of bow lift and still had a very respectable top end.
    I have never ran a 24. But yes, the holeshot was really bad. Then the steering torque was real bad also with my cable steering.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    I have never ran a 24. But yes, the holeshot was really bad. Then the steering torque was real bad also with my cable steering.

ahhh. I got your post mixed up with METs on the 24. So have you found a standout wheel yet? Also, do you have a hydraulic plate and what height do you normally run?

4. Member
    I had Robbie work a 26 bravo xs with 8 pvs holes. That works good but on the limiter around low 80's with 1.62 gears. I also jave a 28 hydro xob that goes fast but not the holeshot i want. Need to send it back to get massaged. Between trying to get my engine figured out and just having fun I haven't worked on any top end stuff other than just a couple runs here and there. Typically even with pad or just below pad. I know i can go higher, just haven't really pushed it other than the couple 85+ runs.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    MET, I purchased an almost new 1.75 sportmaster stock recently to keep as a spare since my original 1.62 is in the shop getting seals due to water intrusion. I only have 28 pitch props so I put my bravo on and took it out for a test run. All I can say is you were correct..........hole shot with a 1.62 gearcase on a 300XS/Pro sucked compared to a 1.75 gearcase. Hole shot under 3 seconds and blistering acceleration is incredible. I'm going to have a hard time taking this case off now. And now it is going to cost me money on a higher pitch prop to get it off the limiter.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    MET, I purchased an almost new 1.75 sportmaster stock recently to keep as a spare since my original 1.62 is in the shop getting seals due to water intrusion. I only have 28 pitch props so I put my bravo on and took it out for a test run. All I can say is you were correct..........hole shot with a 1.62 gearcase on a 300XS/Pro sucked compared to a 1.75 gearcase. Hole shot under 3 seconds and blistering acceleration is incredible. I'm going to have a hard time taking this case off now. And now it is going to cost me money on a higher pitch prop to get it off the limiter.
    Hole shot opinions are VERY subjective Craig. I'm not surprised at all that you are considering now going back to the 1.75's. Results from different gear ratios, much like those from different props all wind up being a "trade-off" of sorts. Good luck!

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Of course the real test will be with a prop suited for 1.75 gears. Maybe a 29 or 30. Then if that hole shot is better than the 1.62 with a 28 it's a no brainer. It will then stay on the motor
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123