Thread: Boat value

Boat value

I'm thinking of getting rid of my boat but I don't have a clue on how much its worth. I have added some accessories and upgraded some things that came on the boat. I have looked at NADA but it doesn't seem to get in-depth for bass boats. Thanks

2. Banned
    Consider most accessories to be free, you def won't get back what you paid for them.

Finding boats for sale just like yours should be easy. Anyone interested is going to Google and check all the boat for sale sites and look at the same ones you will find. If your price is out of line they will pass you by.

P01135809

4. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Well taken care of and maintained bass boats around here get good money. It's all about condition.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

My bank and insurance company both use NADA. When I looked my boat up, it checked in pretty good detail. There is a couple things they could do to make it better though.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    the problem with nada,they do not buy or sell boats,most dealers will not wholesale you a boat but will offer you less than wholesale for yours,car dealers same way

List your details here, I'm sure the members will be glad to help you figure out a reasonable price.

One thing to consider is where you're located. I'm not sure if it's the same in SE Wisconsin (I'm guessing Chicago 'burbs?) but based on my experience, a boat that might fetch $5-6k in the bassboat Mecca of the southeast will fetch $8-10k in MN. I think this is due to relative rarity of bass boats around here where there are a ton of boats but the vast majority of them are deep-Vs.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Banks don't consider accessories, only boat, motor, trailer on used. Value is subjective based on condition, accessories, desirability etc. You may have an immaculate 1990 Ozarks Bass Tub bass boat, but they are not considered desirable, so that affects value as compared to say a 1990 Ranger or Skeeter for example.
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Consider most accessories to be free, you def won't get back what you paid for them.

thats not true - you won't get back 100% and you shouldn't, but you'll get a premium for good solid accessories.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    List here on BBC. Pls do not post any info the forums until listed in For sale forum. Thanks and good luck!

12. Member
    Just because a bank will only loan so much for a boat does't mean that is what it is worth or will bring! Look at what some are selling for and price accordingly!

13. Member
    go to boattrader.com,go to nada boat values.you can find your boat and engine value there based upon your boat name,model and year.thanks
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    thats not true - you won't get back 100% and you shouldn't, but you'll get a premium for good solid accessories.
    If you only get back 50% then they aren't worth selling on the boat, might as well take them off for the next boat.

15. Member
    i just bought a 2000 r83vs off the board in super nice shape one owner for 10,500 then i put 3k in it,112 fortrex,lowrance hd2 and 3,i never looked at what the book said it was worth because i knew what a very clean well kept boat would sell for,HIGH

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    If you only get back 50% then they aren't worth selling on the boat, might as well take them off for the next boat.
    well then you better have something to put on the boat or you'll still lose..

id rather sell as is and buy new with the next boat, but that's me. To each his own
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Like chrome on a harley the add ons will make your boat sell faster than one without it but you wont hardly get your money back

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector