Adding a second grapg to consel

Im looking for a mount to add a second graph at the consel..i ordered the plate drom allison and im thinking a 12 in blazeout mount should work any opinions or otherideas would be appropriated .thanks

2. Member
    Cisco systems!2017-05-24 10.46.24.jpg

3. Member
    I have the eped on the on the bow..that is a good idea for adding one up front.. im just trying to deside how long of an arm ill need to come off the allison plate that goes over the rod tubes by the consel..

4. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by basser38 View Post
    I have the eped on the on the bow..that is a good idea for adding one up front.. im just trying to deside how long of an arm ill need to come off the allison plate that goes over the rod tubes by the consel..
    You don't need any arm to mount other than the bracket that comes with whatever unit you are installing. The unit bracket mounts straight to the Allison mounting plate and is placed right at your finger tips.

5. Member
    I found one pic of it so far im just thinking if i put it on an arm right on top of the plate i would be able to adjust it to where ever i want and turn it around to view it from the front if i wanted to..also on an arm it would be easier to remove and i could tuck it down when i run..im putting a solix 12 on there..

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I am beating this one around too....but I want the 2nd graph to be behind the console somehow. For less wind drag.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    I ended up ordering a 9in balzout arm.. i was thinking a lil of the same thing, i may need an extra knuckle to get it behind the consel..everything should be here next week..not sure about the allison plate yet.

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    basser38. I'm in the same thought pattern as you. I've got my Allison mount placed with double sided 3M tape (before I drill holes) so that I can experiment with options mounting my HDS 12 gen 3 on it. I originally had mine mounted on a ram ball and 12" arm with the ram ball mounted on the deck directly in front of the drain hole in front of the rod tube opening. I saw Jonathon Bowlings Allison graph mount (Raymarine though) at the rally and liked the idea but once I got it and started placing my HDS 12 I wasn't completely satisfied of the angle, distance from the drivers seat/arm reach and how low it sat although that is better than how high mine was before with the ram mount.

If Allison would have made the mount to be placed on the gunnel/console a bit closer to the driver area then it would have been at the proper height and angle. I've got an idea though. I'm going to make a spacer out of 1/2" starboard which will raise it up another 1/2". It won't bring it closer to me but at least it will be up a bit more.

BAsser, Here's what I tried first along the same thoughts you are having. I clamped the ram ball to the mount (for testing purposes) and installed the shortest arm that ram mounts (I had it from another application) and then fitted the ram mount with my HDS 12 on it and angled it down all the way so it basically extended the unit forward toward the driver. This configuration made the HDS sit even higher than the way I had it before which I suppose would have been tolerable but actually I didn't want that much weight hanging off the Allison mount for fear it would tear the bolts out in rough water.

So I'm going to use the staboard material in between the HDS bracket and the Allison mount. The starboard material will get attached to the gimbal bracket. I purchased Nylon Thumb Screws form Mcmaster Carr 1 1/4" long 5/16" I'm going to mount the hds with one thumb screw dead center of the bracket thru the starboard material and into the Allison mount and thread the hole as well in the mount. Two other thumb screws will be mounted on each side of that center one to hold it in place. The center thumb screw will allow the hds to pivot around that center thumb screw and I've left enough starboard material so cover the Alison mount so that I can use a hole in that area to secure the HDS in that position facing the console.

I know that's hard to visualize but when I'm done I can remove the outer thumb screws, loosen the center one, pivot the HDS toward the console and then insert a thumb screw into the mount to keep it in that position when I'm trailering or docked.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    2017-06-03 19.00.11.jpg
    2017-06-03 19.01.38.jpg

Another Cisco mount with the Solix 15... I know the Prosport has a lot more space though.. but I love the mounts.

Dan

10. Member
    Im like you ally, think i need to get some parts and start playing with some ideas...how sturdy is that allison mount? The longer the arm i put on it the more stress..
    That 15 looks huge..i was hoping hb would come out with a 10 solix..i did look at the cisco mounts they look solid..i just thought the balzout gave me more options..

11. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Im like you ally, think i need to get some parts and start playing with some ideas...how sturdy is that allison mount? The longer the arm i put on it the more stress..
    That 15 looks huge..i was hoping hb would come out with a 10 solix..i did look at the cisco mounts they look solid..i just thought the balzout gave me more options..
    I've got to look into that cisco mount for future use. Tim P mentioned that mount in a conversation but I haven't check it out thoroughly.

basser, I started working on my starboard piece and I'm liking the way it's turning out. It gives me the correct angle, height and versatility to swivel it facing the console when I want to trailer or dock. I do realize that the Allison mounts requires the graph and gimbal bracket to be removed for covering the boat for travel which is why I made it the way I did.

I'm trying to find another website to host pictures since photobucket went to shit. I was getting pissed off a phtotucket anyway cuz it kept locking up my PC.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Member
    Ok sounds good..id like to see those pics..when i had my graphs on previous boats mounted to the consel with ram mounts id just unplug it from the back and pull the mount graph and all off and put it in the truck secure and out of sight..

13. Member
    Notgsxr,That cisco mount , the one on the bow ,does that fold down so you can lay that graph flat when running?

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Notgsxr,That cisco mount , the one on the bow ,does that fold down so you can lay that graph flat when running?
    Yes
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

15. Member
    Thanks Tim.. yes... it's very easy and takes maybe 2 seconds... ..
    2017-05-23 16.00.26.jpg