Chickamauga trip

Hey guys I am planning a trip to chicamaga October 20 week never been on the lake information would be great also, look for a cabin or house on the water to rent if anybody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks Cody

2. Member
    Bluewater Resort and Marina in Dayton has lodges/cabins and private ramp access. Great place to stay

3. Member
    Chick has 2 areas to stay in. Chattanooga and Dayton. Chattanooga is much larger with more to do, but if you just want to fish, sleep and eat, I would stay in Dayton which is more up river. Here is where I would start for Dayton:
    http://fishdayton.com/
    Chattanooga, which is down river, near the Chick dam, will require some research on your part. If I was inclined to do Chattanooga, I would stay around the Hixson area as it is close to Chester Frost park, one of the main ramps for Chick. Hixon is also within easy driving distance of Harrison Bay or Wolftiever ramps.
    By that time TVA has started lowering the water toward winter pool, so be careful where you drive. You can download the TVA app on your smartphone and check the water level vs. full pool. Grass should be close to matted and close to frog time for largemouth.

4. Member
    I will be there that same week I suggest staying in Dayton unless you want other things to do besides fish. It's only a 45 min drive to Chattanooga from there. Frog bite should be heating up along with punching and rattle trap.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

5. Member
    Island cove marina - covered boat slips included and a decent Mexican restaurant on the property. South end of the lake, which can be good or bad depending on who you ask that time of year. Enjoy!

6. Member
    Thanks guys for all the info. I'll check them all out

7. Member
    Dont get your heart set on frogging or punching. There's next to no grass this year. At least from Sale Creek down