2000 johnson 200

I'm looking at a 2000 Evinrude 200 outboard model number e200fpx55h or ssh . He says it has about 350 hours all cables and accessories come with it . He's asking $3800 are these decent motors or is this the year that they had problems with.what's the word on the style motor. There's a sticker on the cowling that I've never heard of before what does Ficht ram injection stand for . That is new to me .The pictures show it being a real clean all paint is great inside of the motor looks good all the wiring looks good no corrosion but looks can be deceiving.
    Last edited by Dlh; 07-19-2017 at 09:06 PM.

2. Member
    I remember seeing where the ones that say ram we're better than the ones that said simply ficht. I think they had problems with them but 2000-2001 and newer were solid.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Just keep in mind it is a 25" shaft and probably has been in the salt water yes it is a 2000 model year.

That's too much money for that motor. No one wants them because of the history. I owned one since new until the fall of 2013 when it finally blew. They tend to have cooling issues and the EMM overheats. Mine was a good motor but cost me plenty with different repairs over the years. I would pass if it was me needing a motor. Now if it was the Johnson like your title says I would consider it because it's a proven motor and carbed but still not worth 3800 imo.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.