Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Took your comment as a cheap shot at others in another party and felt it was wrong on thread about a setting United States Senator/Veteran/Hero. Maybe the snowflake part threw me off but I doubt it.
    Nope have no idea their affiliation. Completly agree and I'm comfortable with his hero status just don't agree with his politics. The others here with strong opinions don't know squat about the man other than what they read in the media. They sure as hell don't know anything about treason thats for sure and the dingleberry comment? All I have to say is that it takes one to know one.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Some seem to be very ignorant of that saying.
    It's because they have no human decency left. Society has become a 4th grade schoolyard, taunting, trash talking, bashing, whatever you call it seems to be the "cool" thing. Society is actually devolving into a less civilized life form, because the humanity is slowly being driven out of it via all media these days.

It IS possible for a person to be sympathetic to another and still disagree with them. That certainly goes both ways, too.

I really feel sorry for all those that hate on both sides, because you will never know the joy of living life to it's fullest. You got one chance, and to hate robs you of that joy.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Nope have no idea their affiliation. Completly agree and I'm comfortable with his hero status just don't agree with his politics. The others here with strong opinions don't know squat about the man other than what they read in the media. They sure as hell don't know anything about treason thats for sure and the dingleberry comment? All I have to say is that it takes one to know one.
    Then my apologies sir. And I agree it takes one to know one I am glad Al kicked him because my response to him probably would have got me a vacation as well.

4. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I served my time as a Marine. Thank you very much.
    Never served, my loss, but from what I've observed somehow the Marines missed the mark with you or maybe you ducked. At any rate when you've served your time I'd still like an explaination of why you call this great man a traitor. You may disagree with his recent politics or you may be a staunch supporter of Liberal/Conservative politics, both sides have referred to McCain as a hero, but your opinion is baselesswithout something to back it.

BTW: didn't vote for McCain in the 08 election, didn't vote for Obama either but I'd never call a man or woman thats served their country in the military or politcs a traitor or dingleberry without at least knowing the definition and having irrefutable proof.

Some seem to be very ignorant of that saying.
    Count me as ignorant what does it mean?

My mom used to tell me that if I didn't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. As usual I didn't listen to that advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Then my apologies sir. And I agree it takes one to know one I am glad Al kicked him because my response to him probably would have got me a vacation as well.
    None needed and by your handle I assume you're a veteran. Thank you for your service and for my freedoms.

My mom used to tell me that if I didn't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. As usual I didn't listen to that advice.
    I just meant that they're not aware (ignorant) of that saying by Confucious.

This is NOT the thread to be making ignorant posts......I'll give you a week off from posting.
    Meh, Should have let him stay, would of had fun with him and his "strong opinions"
    and perhaps someone here could have readjusted his attitude, who knows?

As a former Naval Officer, I defer to Admiral Stockdale on McCain:

And I consider it blasphemy to smudge the straight-arrow prisoner-of-war record of a man who was near death when he arrived at Hoa Loa prison 1967: both arms broken, left leg broken, left shoulder broken by a civilian with a rifle butt.He was eventually taken to the same rat-infested hospital room I had occupied two years earlier, and, like me, he had surgery on his leg. By then the Vietnamese had discovered that his father was the ranking admiral in the Pacific Fleet, and he received an offer that, as far as I know, was made to no other American prisoner: immediate release, no strings attached. He refused, thereby sentencing himself to four more years in a cell.
    There was a special cramped and hot privy-like structure in that Hanoi prison reserved for whichever American was causing the Vietnamese the most trouble. I was the first in the camp to be locked up in it, and I gave it the name Calcutta.
    There was only room for one person at a time in the cage, and after a couple of months I was taken out and marched back to a regular cell. As I limped along, I sneaked a peek at my replacement: John McCain, hobbling along on his own bad leg.
    As one of the few Americans who spent more than four years in solitary confinement during that war, I know that pride and self-respect lead to aggressiveness, and aggressiveness leads to a deep sense of joy when one is under pressure. This is hardly a character flaw.
    Today, I work in Cancer Therapy: Glioblastoma is a horrible disease. My prayers are with him and his family.
    Patch Pirate In Training
    XPress H20B 115HP Yamaha
    Raymarine a78
    https://bigbassflies.blogspot.com

I just meant that they're not aware (ignorant) of that saying by Confucious.

Damn, I was sure you had insight into some deeper zen-fu that would have assisted our resident dingleberry. Not me of course...

12. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I deleted mine
    I must be thinking like you 2 I'll just hold mine, wish the best although

13. Banned

Confucius was a drinking buddy, and used to blow my mind with sayings like this after a couple hours at the bar. I don't know where he got it from, but he was deeeeep.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Thread is a about his disease...that is all. Other comments are totally inappropriate.
    Exactly. Getting in political shots OR political points by praising/slamming him is pretty low and says a lot more about the posters than the man receiving a possible death sentence.
    To me it is no different than say when Carter had cancer. Who f'ingcares where you fall on the political range. Decency is decency and bringing up politics is pretty low when a person who served his country is facing possible death.

Quote Originally Posted by onrecess View Post
    Exactly. Getting in political shots OR political points by praising/slamming him is pretty low and says a lot more about the posters than the man receiving a possible death sentence.
    To me it is no different than say when Carter had cancer. Who f'ingcares where you fall on the political range. Decency is decency and bringing up politics is pretty low when a person who served his country is facing possible death.
    Thank you...somebody gets it. There is a disgusting lack of character and class from too many knuckleheads on this forum.

16. Member
    Prayers for his journey forward. I sometimes agreed with him, sometimes not, but NO ONE should ever question his patriotism or loyalty to this nation. When other talked so cavalierly about torture, I deferred to the MAN that walked the walk!! When I look at him I don't see a politician, I see a hero.....

17. Member

18. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Prayers for his journey forward. I sometimes agreed with him, sometimes not, but NO ONE should ever question his patriotism or loyalty to this nation. When other talked so cavalierly about torture, I deferred to the MAN that walked the walk!! When I look at him I don't see a politician, I see a hero.....
    Well said Jerry, I agree 100 %.

Dale Sinclair original

So sad. He serves this country well. Prayers for him.

20. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyG View Post
    He's the reason we had Obama for the first 4 years. Then he sided with a lot of what the Kenyan did to this country.
    True dumbass remark.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast