Thread: ATV owners

ATV owners

Currently looking at a new CF moto 400 ATV. With a tad over 4k price tag it's pretty tempting. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks

2. Member
    I believe this is one of the Korean makers. If you buy one, be careful of how it is made and do your research on them. Those Korean makers tend to use different manufactured parts on the same size model, therefor it makes it very difficult to get parts for them when the break and most will break sooner rather than later. Also make sure the dealer you are looking at them can get parts easily, otherwise you could be down for a month or better while you wait for a part that has to come from Korea.

Josh

3. Member
    I haven't checked the rebates in the last few months but last I checked you could get a Polaris Sportsman 400 for just over 4k and a basic 570 for just over 5k.
    Way better dealer network and access to parts and service..
    CF moto is starting to become a player in the market though...They even have some race teams..

4. Banned
    Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Bombardier. Parts and service makes any of them superior values.

Artic cat have some great machines and tend to be a value.

6. Member
    Kawasaki makes some great 4 wheelers,

IMG_1618.jpg

All Honda's- foreman, rubicon and a rincon. Rode Hatfield McCoy trails last week. My foreman overheated some but once I took the hmf programmer off of it, no more issues. Other than that, we covered 163 miles in 3 days with no other issues.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelsore View Post
    IMG_1618.jpg

All Honda's- foreman, rubicon and a rincon. Rode Hatfield McCoy trails last week. My foreman overheated some but once I took the hmf programmer off of it, no more issues. Other than that, we covered 163 miles in 3 days with no other issues.
    Love Hatfield McCoy trails...Need to get back there..

9. Banned
    40 miles of trails (one way) in East Tennessee just north of Oak Ridge. Trails of all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Love Hatfield McCoy trails...Need to get back there..
    Yea, we are planning to go back next year. It was nice to ride on trails that weren't crowded like Carolina Adventure World.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelsore View Post
    Yea, we are planning to go back next year. It was nice to ride on trails that weren't crowded like Carolina Adventure World.
    Come up to Michigan sometime...You can slay some smallies and we have some pretty darn good trails that aren't too crowded as long as you stay off the main hubs..If you go to the UP you won't see any other riders for days..

12. Banned
    CFMoto seems to be the top brand of the "off" brands. Not to be confused with the ultra cheap Chinese copycat machines. Very popular in Australia.

13. Member
    Artic cat is a decent value, but also have some or worst quality control in the industry.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

14. Member
    Mio, MI is ORV heaven.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

15. Member
    Ended up buying a used 98 model yamaha big Bear 4wd 350. It was just too clean to pass up. Previous owner took very well care of it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    Ended up buying a used 98 model yamaha big Bear 4wd 350. It was just too clean to pass up. Previous owner took very well care of it.
    This is a very good machine and will last you for a long time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    Make sure you change the oil with the correct weight and one that has the clutch slip additive. MANY people just use regular oil and wonder why all of a sudden it is hard to shift. I had a 98 and a 2001. My wife rode the 1998 and is extremely easy to steer it being full time 4wd. Will serve you well.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    Make sure you change the oil with the correct weight and one that has the clutch slip additive. MANY people just use regular oil and wonder why all of a sudden it is hard to shift. I had a 98 and a 2001. My wife rode the 1998 and is extremely easy to steer it being full time 4wd. Will serve you well.
    I have already changed the oil with weight recommended by factory and your right this is very easy to steer. Has been awesome