Thread: Warning Lights

Warning Lights

2000 OX66 200HP
    Low oil warning light comes on and then will sometime go off.
    Checked both tanks and they have plenty of oil.
    Overheat light will come on intermittently. Checked tell tail and have a good stream
    of water coming out and I have water pressure. This only happens at idle.

2. Member
    TTT surely with all the knowledge on here someone has at least have a good guess at what may be the problem.

3. Member
    What is the water pressure reading at idle and WOT? If you haven't been doing normal maintenance/updating, might get ready for that as it will likely solve the temp horn. Low oil is a different story, but might be related to maintenance.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    What is the water pressure reading at idle and WOT? If you haven't been doing normal maintenance/updating, might get ready for that as it will likely solve the temp horn. Low oil is a different story, but might be related to maintenance.
    I keep up all maintance. Water pressure at idle 5 psi 20 at wot. 76 hrs since new water pump.

5. Craig White
    I have the same motor but it's a 1999. Had alarm going off after I had ran it and shut it off then would restart after sitting a while. Drove me crazy cause ran fine and had good water psi and all. Cleaned O2 sensor and checked everything I had researched on bbc to check. Finally...replaced the O2 sensor with a new one and alarm has not gone off since.....I am only guessing with my sensor being 18 years old it was getting very hot causing alarm to go off. Not saying that's why yours is going off but something to consider.