Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need new seats for the G Boat

Hey guys I have a 99' 2200 with the old style seats. no gambler monogrammed in the head rest just the plain jane ones. I am looking to put some nicer seats in it but dont know if I should order from like boat seat store or have some made by Mary Kay. Im not sure what to do. But I do know I dont want to redo these plain seats I have in it.

Mary Kay doesn't make the foam shaping of the seat... she does the skins... u will need to buy some seats online and have her wrap them
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

I have OEM Stratos Seats on my old boat. bought a 3rd cheap seat since have a spot in cockpit for a 3rd sitting fisherman, Academy Sports got a Marine Raider High Back , got 2 color seat that's similar to the OEM. And that $60.00 ish seat pretty comfy!.. Go to where If have Uncle with , I let him have front deck and drive the TM, and I bounce from mid to rear deck, just for the fun of it haha

4. Member
    Mary Kay

5. Banned
    Go to Mary k rob u blind u go to regular upholstery shop and they can do your seats there you guys you try to act like you know so much about Gambler boats when you don't know half what you don't you know I've been around Gambler since 1987 and I very well know these both very well cuz I've done a quite a few of them in my time you need carpet you can call Ingles Carpet in Dalton Georgia you can look them up online can you get the telephone number and you call him ask for a girl named Amanda they have all kinds of carpet for 20 oz 24 hours they have tile that goes in your boat they have just about everything you need there to do your carpet work but on your seats you go to your local poster shop you'll save yourself a ton of money believe me I know I can say this much the local upholstery shop that I go to to have receipts done at most all my Gambler that I redo the bench seat for Mary Kay charges you $550 just for the cover you can go to a poster shop and get the cover for the bench seat the butt seat deficiency the Step Up any of you want to view got a boat cover it needs to be sold in the neighborhood about $675 know which one would you try to go to one to pay $550 for a deck on bench seat along or get it all done for $675 make your choice not trying to be a smart but I just trying to save you money

Quote Originally Posted by Justlookin63 View Post
    Go to Mary k rob u blind u go to regular upholstery shop and they can do your seats there you guys you try to act like you know so much about Gambler boats when you don't know half what you don't you know I've been around Gambler since 1987 and I very well know these both very well cuz I've done a quite a few of them in my time you need carpet you can call Ingles Carpet in Dalton Georgia you can look them up online can you get the telephone number and you call him ask for a girl named Amanda they have all kinds of carpet for 20 oz 24 hours they have tile that goes in your boat they have just about everything you need there to do your carpet work but on your seats you go to your local poster shop you'll save yourself a ton of money believe me I know I can say this much the local upholstery shop that I go to to have receipts done at most all my Gambler that I redo the bench seat for Mary Kay charges you $550 just for the cover you can go to a poster shop and get the cover for the bench seat the butt seat deficiency the Step Up any of you want to view got a boat cover it needs to be sold in the neighborhood about $675 know which one would you try to go to one to pay $550 for a deck on bench seat along or get it all done for $675 make your choice not trying to be a smart but I just trying to save you money
    great first posts....
    Mary Kay does great work she did mine, theres a reason she worked at Gambler for such a long time. She can do them in her sleep and they look better with the Gambler Monogram.

7. Member
    Do you want the seats to look like the originals or a Walmart slip cover

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlookin63 View Post
    Greg from the Gambler facebook page? Is that you?
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

Quote Originally Posted by sbg View Post
    Im glad I dont have FB I would have already of had to delete my acct if I had to read that guys stuff and argue with ignorance

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbg View Post
    Yep that has to be Greg...LOL

I feel sick/dizzy after trying to read through that. I would really like to have that minute of my life back. Wish the original poster luck with his seats. My only redo experience was with Mary Kay and I was VERY pleased but I'm a little OCD so the cost was worth it to me for her attention to detail. I also did not think her prices were terrible, though I did not price a local upholstery shop in fairness.

12. Member
    For me it was not having to GUESS or HOPE the job was going to be done right. That is why I went to Mary.

Ok Justlookin, you are more than welcome to post here about alternative places to have work done, but you are not welcome to make comments about members not knowing half of what they think, or to say that a person who has done a lot of great work for members here is robbing them blind..This aint facebook, be civil when you post, or you will be Justlookin at the BBC...We have a lot of members here who have a vast amount of knowledge on the boats, and they treat each other with respect, so please think about your comments before you post them...
    LD

Boom. This^^