Lucas M

Nitro 188 (or any fish and ski) console and bow graph mounting.

I have a 2004 nitro 188 sport. I just got 2 humminbird 998 units. Want one up front and one at the dash. I was thinking Ram mounts would be easiest, but does anyone have any advice? I held up my 998 at the dash, looks like it will cover my pressure gauge, but I can live with that. Just hoping the plastic dash is enough support to hold the 998. I may need to put a steel plate under the dash to secure it better. The last thing I want to do is put the graph on the outside of the windshield like I have seen... For up front, A ram mount should be easy enough, and can raise it and lower it when traveling.

Also, I want to put in a recessed trolling motor pedal tray. Has anyone tried this on a fish n ski? it looks like I have plenty of room under my front compartments.

2. Member
    I only had a 332C on mine when I had the boat but, I put it on a RAM mount on the left side of the drivers console, basically in front of the fuel gauge. Sorry can't get a picture to load. I did stiffener the underside of the console with a piece of aluminum.

You have all of the room in the world (depth wise), under the front to install a recess tray, but you really don't have a lot of room fore to aft.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

3. Member
    I mounted my Ram mount to hull side. Forward of throttle. Put a piece of plywood behind glass and screwed .
    it20170722_145521.jpg

Dash plastic won't hold. Side mount I have Been in 4 footers rock solid
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff