Question..Columbus to West/East harbor drive

Guys, Have been going up to Erie off and on for 35 yrs. Always took 23 to 98/4 to route 2 for years. Last couple times I've taken 23 to US 30 Bucyrus make great time(70-75 mph) then back on 4. was up yesterday from route 4 to route 2 took for ever coming and going. I have found as I get older how much I hate 2 lane roads. I would like to come out at the new turnpike exit right before rte 2

my question is besides toll how would 71 to US 250 to turnpike be? never been on 250 Thanks for advise

2. Member
    I take 250 to rt 2 to get to that area(don't live anywhere near Columbus). 250 is 2 lane, decent road, few towns to get through. Getting behind a semi is probably the biggest problem.

3. Member
    Been making this trip for years, usually every other weekend, have been on every road up there, it seems like. When I leave from work in Columbus, 23 is the shortest route but I hate the stretch between 270 to north of Deleware. There are many different ways to make this trip depending on time and traffic but in reference to your question, I have taken 71 to 250, once,but it seemed like it took forever. Takes you too far east and then have to come back to the west. Some variations to this are 71 to 13, 71 to 30 west to 13 n gets you around Mansfield. 23 to 4 or 98 is about as straight shot as it gets but I'm not a big fan of it. If you do try the 71 to 13 route, I do like to miss Norwalk by taking 20 west to Monroeville to 99 north to 4 or 101 to 2. I will warn you with that route, the chance of you getting caught by a train is high due to the fact that you will cross multiple railroad crossings.