I have hated the ponding ever since my first Allison. A boat this awesome has a seat issue that a 6th grader could probably figure out the solution to if he wanted to. One day this fall or winter I plan on having my cousin, a seamstress by profession, sew me up a simple water proof fabric cover that will have an elastic band for the back of the seat and one to go under the seats front. When I'm not fishing both elastic bands will be stretched into place making a tight, sloping drain tarp for the water to run off. When I get ready to sit down in the seat to move the boat all I'll have to do is reach under the front of the seat and pull the front elastic out and let the fabric or tarp fall back into the seat. I'll sit on it as I run to the next fishing spot. Get to the next spot and I'll pull that elastic band back over the front of the seat. That is my solution. I don't like the idea of trying to put a grommet in just in case it starts tearing at the grommet. But if a better idea is thought and is quick to use for a run and gunner like me, I'm all ears.