Thread: Coolers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have a Yeti 20 that was a gift and a Polarbear 24 that I bought. The Yeti is a better cooler than the 89.00 Bear but not twice as good. The Polar Bear is a GREAT soft side for the money!! AO reviews well in all the test I've read as well. They would be worth a look.

Gotta RTIC 40 soft side...it's been great.

3. Member
    I've got an RTIC 20 soft sided and a Yeti Hopper 30.

Honestly, Ive been very happy with the RTIC and would have zero issues recommending them to my friends. The yeti works great, it's just way way more expensive. Both keep ice about the same.

4. Member
    I have an RTIC 30, and it works great. The zipper was tight, but it was much easier to use after I lubed it with the supplied tube of lubricant. Also, the zipper is easier to use it you will put a small amount of downward pressure on the top of the lid. It gives you a little slack, and takes some pressure off the zipper.

Don't regret my purchase, it seems well made, lightweight, and holds ice well.

5. Member
    We bought a 24can Ozark Trail Premium to take to the beach it kept ice pretty good and the Velcro flap on top was handy not having to unzip it all the time. My wife surprised me with a Yeti Flip it's a great well made cooler but it doesn't keep my beer any colder than the $40 Ozark Trail.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    We bought a 24can Ozark Trail Premium to take to the beach it kept ice pretty good and the Velcro flap on top was handy not having to unzip it all the time. My wife surprised me with a Yeti Flip it's a great well made cooler but it doesn't keep my beer any colder than the $40 Ozark Trail.

but does it keep it as cold longer???? thinking about buying one or the other...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrt View Post
    but does it keep it as cold longer???? thinking about buying one or the other...
    Really don't know, I've never used either where it needed to keep ice longer than a full day which both will do.

But I will say there is a big difference in quality between the two and there should be for the price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fejj View Post
    AO Coolers.
    This is my opinion too.

Bought one some time back and is holding up well.....example...... used it to take some drinks to a neighbor's house for July the Fourth fireworks. Two days later I dumped and cleaned it and it still had ice in there two days later and the drinks left there were cold. This was recommended to me by a friend and it is unbelievable. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either off Amazon. Great cooler.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

9. Member
    K2!! I like mine more than yeti. They're lighter and keep ice as long or longer and better priced.
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    In need of a cooler for my boat, I been looking at the RTIC 30 soft side.

Has anyone used this cooler?

What coolers do you guys use on your boats on super hot days?
    I have both the yeti hopper and the RTIC 30. I haven't used the yeti one time after I got the RTIC its awesome.

11. Member
    I insulated one of my back storage containers and drilled a hole in the bottom. Works like a champ and keeps the floor clutter free!

12. Member
    I have the RTIC soft side 20, I really like it. No complaints at all.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bnewman046 View Post
    I bought an Ozark Trail soft-sided cooler from Walmart. I believe it's a 20 quart, works well in my smaller boat. Keep it under the driver console out of the sun, keeps ice all day!
    I use one of these too. Keeps ice OK. Better if you pre-cool it the night before and keep it out of direct sunlight. Has a flap on top so you don't have to deal with the zipper to get a cold beverage out.!

14. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    In need of a cooler for my boat, I been looking at the RTIC 30 soft side.

Has anyone used this cooler?

What coolers do you guys use on your boats on super hot days?
    I use a camo RTIC 30 softside. It does the job. I put a large bag of ice in there with my drinks underneath. Keeps drinks cold all day. Keep the zipper lubed with the provided lube and it will help keep it air tight. I leave the RTIC bag in the floor board so it is exposed to direct sun all day. No problems with it.

15. Member
    I have a small, hard-sided, picnic size Igloo that will hold 12 cans of pop and sandwiches that fits perfectly inside one of my rear storage boxes. I bought it the night I bought my boat (almost 30 yrs now). It still keeps ice all day.

16. Member
    Yeti's are tough! And I would love to have one but can't get over the price. I keep an Ozark 24 in my boat storage and it does a good enough job. Slightly cheaper than a Yeti!

I ordered a brand new (old model) yeti hopper 20 for $150 shipped :)

Hope its good....

18. Member
    I have a Yeti Hopper 20, only because I got it for free. If you are looking for a soft handy cooler that is tough and will keep ice all day then it will do that. It will in no way keep ice as long as my hard sided Pelican cooler. If I fill the Yeti full of ice and only leave enough space for a few drinks and a sandwich or two it will keep ice for about three days, meaning that on day three it will still have just a little ice left floating in the water. This was with temps in the mid 80s during the day. My Pelican hard sided cooler kept ice in the exact same conditions for seven days. The Yeti is built well though. Good heavy duty shoulder strap and handles, super heavy duty waterproof zipper and just a tough exterior overall. I would imagine the RTIC is built quite similar.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fejj View Post
    AO Coolers.
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    I have both the yeti hopper and the RTIC 30. I haven't used the yeti one time after I got the RTIC its awesome.
    Exact same for me the hopper is a pain in the butt. Never use it anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast