New skeeter has coffin lids...

Have a Ranger but have been drooling over eyras for a while. Just saw a pic of the new skeeter zx225, first thing i noticed was coffin storage up front lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

novel idea and concept...

:)

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    novel idea and concept...

:)

Hehehe

Nice but the bottom of the boat ain't gonna be an eyra

That's a nice use of the coffin lids and certainly replicating what we've done. That's ok... We don't like that center rod storage on a big boat as you will have to slide rods off the deck to get into the side storage. We have center rod storage models (2) that share tackle space also now, though not having outboard rod boxes is not preferred. You need way to avoid the conflict with those doors opening like on the new Lynx and Pantera Classic models. The new Lynx center rod and storage for Flameau/Plano/Bass Mafia boxes is going to be really sweet. The new Lynx box will hold over 11 common sized boxes in that area. Smaller ones even more!

6. Member
    Copied from the best...AGAIN! Lol!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

...and here I am remembering everyone saying those weren't functional. BCB making the industry perk up and take notice again.

8. Member
    This is why BCB is one of the top boat manufactures [ I don't say top just so I don't have to argue with anyone] their ideas are not always bought in a BCB but sometimes people buy their ideas in other brands. BCB as done more for the industry then just about anyone. Hats off to BCB and Rick again

9. Member
    and their still behind the times by a few years, BCB is already starting to move on to newest design. Lynx LOL

10. Member
    I was skeptical about the coffin lids on my Eyra at first. Now I wouldn't own a boat without the coffin lids, seriously my favorite part of the Eyra.

11. Member
    Interesting comment smbass77. Thanks for sharing that information. Good to know...............

We understand when you do something that works eventually others will figure out it does. The recessed trolling motor pedal is just one of those, it was copied from a concept we had before most anyone knows it.

Yes, it looks like they've changed their MO and are obviously trying to approach it differently. A friend of ours builds the aluminum deck frames and they've used easy design system for years. It looks like works for them I suppose.

It's not just the coffin lids, it's a forward trolling motor pedal and it looks like they've moved that up. Then you have Stealth model Perko bow light we worked with Perko on producing, hiding under the trolling motor where we first placed it. It is a form of flattery and we are fine with it.

Follow the new Lynx this week and I think everyone will be pleased with what we've done so far this year in that model. We are just going to keep the ball rolling.

Have a great weekend and we hope to see a few of you at DeGray next Tuesday.

Rick Pierce
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 07-21-2017 at 01:06 AM.

13. Member
    Mr. Pierce can you talk about why you don't like the aluminum framed decks?

14. Member
    I hope y'all get pictures of the finished Lynx out soon.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    I was skeptical about the coffin lids on my Eyra at first. Now I wouldn't own a boat without the coffin lids, seriously my favorite part of the Eyra.

it's so efficient and easy. Literally one step to the left (or right) and I can access ALL of my tackle. No more walking off the front deck or anything like that. I can be so much quicker when rigging up a new bait and not blowing off the spot. It has really made me a believer, which is why I won't judge the Lynx layout yet until I try it :)

Now, if they just incorporated some weird trapezoid shapes, they'd really have something.