active trail and waypoints garmin 93sv chirp

Just took my 93sv out for first time to my favorite lake and marked 80 waypoints of small rockpiles. I would like to remove the trail from the screen but dont want to lose all the waypoints. I read how to remove the active trail but will that erase my waypoints? is there a way to save the waypoints so I dont have to worry about losing them?
    Please give me some sound advise as I spent several hours marking them, thanks for help

I remove the active trail often and have never deleted waypoints. Waypoints have to be deleted individually I reckon by opening each one. It also gives you a prompt that you are deleting a waypoint do you want to continue, or something along that line.

3. Member
    perfect, thanks Randall53

4. Member
    Did you actually mark each waypoint or are they just kinks on the trail? If you actually marked a waypoint and it shows up as a numbered or named point in the waypoint list, I think you are safe.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Member
    I actually pushed the mark button if the pile was under the boat or cursered over to the pile and pushed select. each time it gave me a new number, I ended up with number 80.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbassx8 View Post
    I actually pushed the mark button if the pile was under the boat or cursered over to the pile and pushed select. each time it gave me a new number, I ended up with number 80.
    Then you should be fine. To be absolutely safe, I would copy all my waypoints, routs, and tracks to the SD card first, so you have aback up.

Larry, does the SD card used for QD have to be clean? I mean used for nothing else or can things like backups, waypoint backups for instance be put on the same card?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall53 View Post
    Larry, does the SD card used for QD have to be clean? I mean used for nothing else or can things like backups, waypoint backups for instance be put on the same card?
    No. Anything can be on that card. The QD files go into their own folder inside the GARMIN folder.

I use a single card for everything - PDF files of regulations, owner manuals for other things on the boat, knot guides, screen shots, sonar recordings, waypoints, and Quickdraw, etc.

You can even use one of the Premium Map sd cards to also save Quickdraw recordings on.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    No. Anything can be on that card. The QD files go into their own folder inside the GARMIN folder.

I use a single card for everything - PDF files of regulations, owner manuals for other things on the boat, knot guides, screen shots, sonar recordings, waypoints, and Quickdraw, etc.

You can even use one of the Premium Map sd cards to also save Quickdraw recordings on.
    Thank you for the info Larry. That is great. I"m glad I got the 16gb now.

10. Member
    Its a good idea to copy all your user data to the sd card and back it up to your PC every once in a while.

I also copy the built in map so I can use it in Homeport - but that function is pretty screwed up since the new map upsates. You can use the fishing contours correctly in Homeport any more.