Thread: Dunkirk ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dunkirk ?

Reviews look real good. I guess i will see it this weekend
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

Reviews have been really good, but with war movies it hard to tell.

I will see it at some point. I tend to like Nolan films.

These days ---the better the reviews are, the more commercials I see about it, the more I worry it is CRAP!

I thought this was about smallies on Erie? I guess I am not in the loop....... carry on.

5. Banned
    Wow!!! Great reviews from 34 critics so far. Funny that the one bad review was from Slate which is a hard left winger. Maybe if it had some Gays or drugs they would have given it good reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/dunkirk

6. Member
    I am reading "The Miracle of Dunkirk" right now in preparation for the movie.

7. Member
    I really want to go see this one but my wife doesn`t. Ill have to remind her of all the sappy chick flicks that I sat through with her.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    I really want to go see this one but my wife doesn`t. Ill have to remind her of all the sappy chick flicks that I sat through with her.

Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    Tell her you'll take your girlfriend then.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

10. Member
    I saw it today. Its different. Its not Saving Private Ryan or Fury but more about survival and ordinary people steppin up. The air battle scenes over the beaches are epic and very realistic though. . Worth $11i. Very limited if any CGI
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

I heard the sound track was really, really loud. Enough so that dialogue and some of the explosions are obscured? I hate really loud movies and cold theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    I heard the sound track was really, really loud. Enough so that dialogue and some of the explosions are obscured? I hate really loud movies and cold theaters.
    Well stay at the damn house.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    My daughter works at Stihl Outdoor Equipment. They sell ear protection. I understand where you're coming from, I'm always waking up during the battle scenes.

15. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Well stay at the damn house.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I thought this was about smallies on Erie? I guess I am not in the loop....... carry on.
    Me too lol.

17. Member
    Wall Street Journal review says that unfortunately, it got the Hollywood creative facts treatment.

18. Member
    Saw it yesterday. Not a fan. Too many stories going on at one time and failed at continuity. It was a rough time for them, no doubt. It will stir your hearts towards anyone
    who has ever been at war. And it was a bit rough following some of the dialogue.

19. Member
    I loved it. Everyone I went with loved it. It's one of those movies that sticks with you long after you leave.

20. Member
    dcjudge is spot on. My wife and I saw Dunkirk last night. The dive-bombing scenes and others were too loud for us. There were too many story-lines occurring at the same time. Back and forth between story-lines. The dialogue was DIFFICULT to understand. The music seemed to completely drown out the sounds of battle that were occurring. It was a good movie. I like WWII movies that cast actors that I'm unfamiliar with because it removes some of the "Hollywood" from the movie. The movie left me needing much more.
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast