Livewell overflow plugs?

Hey guys,

I'm consistently losing water out of both livewells. I contacted Triton as the over flow is just a opening with a standing pipe in the center of it. They sent me some rubber plugs but they don't fit too small. The TH marine plug fits the standpipe in one of them, but falls off/out easily after a run. The other pipe is to far down in the opening. Does anyone know of something that will work to plug these things. I literally have a dozen different size plugs and none of them fit.

2016 20TRX
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Wet towel.

3. Member
    Try an adjustable freeze plug for a car motor.
    Rocket

4. Member
    Tapered rubber plug from Lowes

5. Member
    Ok so after a trip to Home Depot and not being able to find anything I called Triton again and spoke to Marty. He advised me it's part from TH Marine sku: plug-1000. Long story short I had to order from west marine and it's gonna be drop shipped from TH. Why Triton no longer supplies these is unknown but they used to appearantly. Also the stand pipe shouldn't be as high as it is. Smfh

I'll update when they come in if it fits AND if it works or not. Cause if it doesn't I have a problem some where else.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

6. Banned
    Are you getting water in your bilge? I mean, if you plug the over flows and still lose water, it's going somewhere.

7. Member
    Depends on just how good the overflows are plugged.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    Ok so after a trip to Home Depot and not being able to find anything I called Triton again and spoke to Marty. He advised me it's part from TH Marine sku: plug-1000. Long story short I had to order from west marine and it's gonna be drop shipped from TH. Why Triton no longer supplies these is unknown but they used to appearantly. Also the stand pipe shouldn't be as high as it is. Smfh

I'll update when they come in if it fits AND if it works or not. Cause if it doesn't I have a problem some where else.
    Home Depot doesn't carry the tapered rubber plugs but Lowes does

9. Banned
    I used the appropriate size of these and adjusted till I got a tight fit.

I use plastic leg protecters for a chair that are the right size. I also have a zip tye on each so they are stored on the locking latch.
    be warened if you use this your overflow is blocked and it could flow outside the well. I have done this once nearly sank the boat. This is good for long runs were you would lose a lot of water now you would lose less. REMEMBER to pull them.
    I had a cull ball get into one years ago, one of the cheap BPS once. My draw co never said anything and weeks later the water bubbled up.

11. Member
    2014 20XS livewell water is 2/3 gone after a 2 mile run. I think it goes above the tanks and over the seams. About a 1/4 gap at the top. Next I'll soak a piece of rope in silicone and mold it into the gap. The larger overflow holes are plugged with normal drain plugs wrapped in black tape till they fit then some 65# braid tied if they fall in. My last 3 Tritons didn't have these problems. MM