Question 4 blade prop on zx225 sho

have any of you guys ever ran a 4 blade prop on you zx225 sho. pros, cons, etc. heard the 4 blade fury runs pretty good.

I had a four blade on a 225 HPDI and it worked great. I blew that motor up a 2nd time so I purchased a new 225 SHO and installed the 4 blade on it. The SHO seemed to have to much lower end torque on takeoff and would blow the prop out. I could feather it at lower RPM's and make it work ok but I went back to a 3 blade on my SHO. I still have that 4 blade to sell if someone is looking for one.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickinbass2528 View Post
    have any of you guys ever ran a 4 blade prop on you zx225 sho. pros, cons, etc. heard the 4 blade fury runs pretty good.
    Compared to what? I still think the Fury 4 is still too small diameter to run where that combo likes. If I can get my hands on a 24p I am going to try it or buy it and re sell. But I am not punching out $500 for it especially used. The 24p TXP OT4 was fast, but really lacked handling. 24p Razor 4XL handled real well, and carried a load like no other. Lacked top end tho.
    Bravos run right in the middle. Hole shot with a 27 Bravo and 24 XL were the best, but not much over the 25T1. The accel on the 4 blades is good up to about 65 after that it fades off, where the 3 blades kept going up until the last MPH. Hole shot doesn't seem to effected by that 4 stroke regardless of the prop.

I've run just about them all except for the Fury 4 and trophy. 25 VMAX SHO and 25 Tempest still get my vote for top 2 best overall on that combo.
    Last edited by Randy T; 07-18-2017 at 08:05 PM.

I have a 26p Hill Signature (S4) prop that I use for shallow water. It has a large diameter (about 15"), so I can run it pretty high if I need to. It accelerates well up to about 65mph, then tapers off. It's the only un-worked prop I have, and I plan to keep it that way.

It handles just fine, but I wouldn't say it's any better than my Tempest props. The hole-shot is about the same too.

I think it does better in rough water than the 3-blades I have tried. It has a lot of stern lift, so I can keep the boat level and "jump" across the barge wakes without going airborne or spearing the waves.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

5. Member
    I run a Mercury Fury 4 on my 2011 zx225 with a 225 SHO and it runs awesome,Best prop i've ran to date