Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm very new to performance boats. I really don't know where I should have my motor mounted. Some people say 3 inches below the pad and some say 3 inches above. I'm lost as can be.

2. Member
    Also, how do I get ahold of croxton to send him my prop? And what's an estimated cost to have that done? I want to have my boat running like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinPizzini View Post
    I'm very new to performance boats. I really don't know where I should have my motor mounted. Some people say 3 inches below the pad and some say 3 inches above. I'm lost as can be.
    Def BELOW the pad.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

4. Member
    Good to know. Thanks!

Also, how do I get ahold of croxton to send him my prop? And what's an estimated cost to have that done? I want to have my boat running like it should.
    http://www.marksprops.com/
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    Thank you! I'll take a look
    Last edited by AustinPizzini; 08-16-2017 at 12:16 PM.

7. Member
    Can anyone post a picture of their motor sitting on the jackplate? I'm curious as how it should look. With my motor set at 3.5 below it looks like the motor is mounted ridiculously high. I had my 25 renegade brought back into spec and had some cupping added now I gotta figure out this whole motor height thing

Can anyone post a picture of their motor sitting on the jackplate? I'm curious as how it should look. With my motor set at 3.5 below it looks like the motor is mounted ridiculously high. I had my 25 renegade brought back into spec and had some cupping added now I gotta figure out this whole motor height thing
    Go to the boats for sale section to look at lots of pics of motors/height/etc. Try posting a pic of yours, maybe we will be able to see if it's way off. If you followed the P to P measuring how to on here correctly then 3.5 below is a good starting point, it will prob need to come up a bit for optimal performance

9. Member
    I'll take a look! I'm still new to all the motor height and prop stuff. I'll tr to get a picture after work today depending on weather. Thanks

I'll take a look! I'm still new to all the motor height and prop stuff. I'll tr to get a picture after work today depending on weather. Thanks
    Cool, I'd like to just see a pic to see your setup anyway haha. Sometimes when you are used to looking at boats without jackplates, with one it will look like the motor is sitting up high.

Where in NC are your, how far from Kerr? Thinking about doing a setup/prop test day in Oct for all who want to attend.

11. Member
    I'm outside of charlotte. Not sure where Kerr is lol. And I'll look for some pics and take a few tonight

dont know if this will help but here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

13. Member
    Thank you! I think my motor is mounted to the jack plate using the wrong holes. The jack plate is all the way and I'm only 4 inches below the pad. I think if I mount the motor with the lower holes it will fix that

send me your number and i'll text you a pic

15. Member
    Still having trouble. I had my 25 renegade worked and had cupping added. My boat is still very slow out of the hole and I’m still only hitting 63ish mph. I’m very confused on how to improve this

16. Member
    if you send the prop out have mark at pvs holes-
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

17. Member
    I already had 3/8 holes drilled and still struggle

18. Member
    holding water in foam maybe? boat heavy sit low in water??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

19. Member
    How low is considered low?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12