Well that is an interesting development.

We were considering putting up a small garage/pole barn at our property. So I start looking into kits, both DIY and installed and as a part of that I thought ---"well I wonder how much cheaper it would be to buy the materials and just do it myself."

It is not cheaper. Not by much anyway. Not by enough to make my time and hassle worthwhile. They really have those kits etc down to a science I guess. One kit I priced was $5200. The materials to do it myself were $4600.
    I did not expect it to be that close.
    Who woulda thunk it?

2. Member
    I went with a menards kit for materials and bought during their 11% rebate sale. That way I could use the rebate money to buy lights, wiring, etc. However my building is still not up yet and I started the process back in about April but that is more on the builder than menards.

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    I went with a menards kit for materials and bought during their 11% rebate sale. That way I could use the rebate money to buy lights, wiring, etc. However my building is still not up yet and I started the process back in about April but that is more on the builder than menards.
    that is the fear I have doing it myself as well --- actually finishing it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delee36 View Post
    that is the fear I have doing it myself as well --- actually finishing it.
    I wish I would have decided to put it up myself. If it was smaller I probably would have but I didn't want to tackle a 40x60 sized building. Hindsight I would of been able to probably have it up already working nights and weekends where as the builder I'm going through hasn't even started.

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    I wish I would have decided to put it up myself. If it was smaller I probably would have but I didn't want to tackle a 40x60 sized building. Hindsight I would of been able to probably have it up already working nights and weekends where as the builder I'm going through hasn't even started.
    OOH!!!!!!!!!! By builder I thought you were saying you ----
    The actual builder has not started ---jeesh that is terrible!