Thread: boat hatch

boat hatch

boat hatch for stratos.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]290719[/ATTACH

i have 1 hatch that leaks pretty good.
    question . it calls for 10 pan head screws but if there on the stripped side
    can i use some kind of s/s panhead bolt and nut .....that the head won't interfere
    with the seating of the door hatch and seal.

Yes that should be fine sir. Same head. Im sure they said screws just to make it easy on a new install

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Yep, no problem that I can see.

Alternatively, could you just put the next size up screws in it? Most of my hatches have #14 screws in them after the rivets came out and gaped the holes bigger than the same size replacement rivets would grip into.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

actually i took both hatches off...something I've been wanting to do for awhile. so i cleaned everything off
    scrubbed down the floor and hatches . put a big nice bead of silicone on the outline and hole of the hatch,
    put in some s/s screws .....some screws had enough bite to tighten and some where just turning. might have to go with small bolt and nut . put a cinder block on both hatches to keep it down . tomorrow we do a leak test.

this should work if not off to buy hatches.........thx all
    Last edited by tav; 07-18-2017 at 12:28 PM.