Thread: Bass hawk

Bass hawk

Anybody have any info on 80s model bass hawk bass boat? Stability, ride, so on. Where were they made?
    thanks

2. Member
    Good fishing boat with good performance. Sat low and flat on the water. Very subject to transom rot.

3. Member
    I have a 92 model. Its a 196xl. 19' 6". It is a really solid platform. My only complaint is it has a little more "hull slap" while fishing in the wind. The older forward keel design boats all do that. Mine is way under powered with a 150 Faststrike and only runs around 50mph. It is rated for, and needs, a 200 on it. I have had it out on some pretty rough Oklahoma windy days and it ate it up. The hull has an extremely long and deep keel that not only parts the rough water great, but makes the thing carve in turns like a car. I bought the boat even under powered for little money with intentions to give it to my son to fish out of with his buddies. Its not fast and can handle some serious weather safely. Perfect for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Nice looking boat. Sounds like it handles a lot like many Champion hulls do.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

5. Member
    It does handle much like Champions did of that era. I cant "carry" the nose with a 150 on this size hull like I could on a similar sized Champion with same motor. Its not as fast as a result. It is actually 3-4 mph faster with full tanks. Helps leverage the bow up I guess. I think with a 200 or 225 this boat would be amazing for what it is.
    It is actually a little less "rocking" than most Champions of this era when quartering the rough stuff. I love the boat for its purpose. It actually has a removable factory deck extension in it. Pretty cool for that era. Rumors were that it belonged to Paul Elias and he had that built for it. But just hearsay from previous owner.
    I believe they were made in Kentucky and North Carolina. Kind of a regional deal.
    Thank you for the compliment. Nice channel trailer that pulls great also. Nice little rig for $2750, 5 years ago.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biskitboy View Post
    Anybody have any info on 80s model bass hawk bass boat? Stability, ride, so on. Where were they made?
    thanks
    ive got one rotting away in the back of the shopmy reg. fishing partner has one,17.5ft.many,many fish pulled over the sides of his.jumps up on plane and handles rough water really well for a 17 footer.these hulls(both are 1986)are a hoot with a healthy V6,but get flighty over 65mph.we just put a XR6 with a 2:1 gear on my buddys,damn thing will jump clear of the water if you hammer it from idle!
    Attached Images Attached Images