93 SS90 weird issues

So I'm a pretty new owner of a 93 SS90 / 93 Evinrude 88Spl. Before I ever put it on the water I replaced the water pump, plugs, and wires and fuel pump. Had been doing good for the most part, took it out last week and it started missing on me, couldn't go over 7-8 mph without it shaking real bad. Checked compression and all 4 were at 120 ish psi. Installed an oem new power pack and new oem coils. Took it out tonight and it was way better, seemed almost fixed but it would only run about 29 mph and the tach wouldn't get up to 4K. From the short experience I've had with it it typically will run over 4K and about 38-40 mph with two people and gear. So I seem to have fixed the bad misfire and now it's down on power. Any suggestions on a direction to take here? I'm pretty new to outboards. I do know everything was installed correctly. I pulled the plugs on the water tonight and they all looked good / the same. Everything was pretty good it just wouldn't rev out high and get up near its top speed. Gas is a week old, premium and has marine stabil in it. Any help is appreciated

2. Member
    Get your carbs professionally cleaned. Sounds like you're running rich. Maybe in the meantime throw some seafoam in the gas. Could be a prop issue too but cleaning the carbs is good insurance against major issues down the road.