Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

cheapest way to mail a letter with tracking???

what is the cheapest way to mail a letter with tracking?? I just want to know it was delivered. i am pretty sure you can't add tracking to a regular envelope can you?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

New 2017 Certified Mail Costs
    USPS Postage & Special Services 2016 – 2017 Rates
    Electronic Delivery Confirmation Receipt $0.75 $0.80
    Return Receipt Green Card (Old Fashioned Green Card) $2.70 $2.75
    Return Receipt Electronic Signature (PDF) (replaces Green Card) $1.35 $1.45
    First Class Postage (1 OZ) (Metered Rate) $0.465 $0.46

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    what is the cheapest way to mail a letter with tracking?? I just want to know it was delivered. i am pretty sure you can't add tracking to a regular envelope can you?
    80 cents plus the stamp...delivery confirmation. FYI if you need it for legal purposes you need to certify it.

4. Banned
    the very cheapest tracking would be to send it as a first class parcel, $2.67 I believe. The envelope would have to be over 3/4 of an inch thick to qualify for a first class parcel. Priority flat rate envelope would be $6.65 but comes with tracking. Certified would be $3.35 plus regular postage, but it is not tracking and would require a signature at the receiving end.

Certified with return reciept is the only way to go, if you are thinking you have to prove you mailed/ gave notice you may as well do it right