Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

Black on inside of my Cover.

I parked the boat under a few big trees in mid May to avoid sunbaking my boat cover. We had alot of rain this spring and I guess it got wet under the back of the cover. I have a good cover I just opened up the boat and found two basket ball size black spots on the back inside corners of my cover. I am not sure it just heavy dirt or mold. What would you wash the inside of the cover with to get rid of the black spots ??

2. Member
    I use spray nine on boat seats any other things on the boat. It will clean off some molds and I can get it at lowes now I used to buy it from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I parked the boat under a few big trees in mid May to avoid sunbaking my boat cover. We had alot of rain this spring and I guess it got wet under the back of the cover. I have a good cover I just opened up the boat and found two basket ball size black spots on the back inside corners of my cover. I am not sure it just heavy dirt or mold. What would you wash the inside of the cover with to get rid of the black spots ??
    Are the black spots conspicuously right where your bilge pumps pump out? Don't ask why I know. Remove your plug for storage outside.

4. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I had some dead leaves that clogged the drainage before the engine on the back deck. I am guessing the water that sat in the well and the strong winds with rain got under my cover. My cover does not cover the engine so there is a large opening over the well. I am going to try dawn this morning.