Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

touch pad 2008 Champion 200 Elite

I just received a quote to replace the touch pad with rocker switches for my 2008 Champion 200 elite. Costs was $2375. Seemed excessive. I think C & O Marion can sell everything you need for around $1250. Anyone order the kit from C&O and do it yourself. I live in Cedar Rapids,IA so there are not a lot of marine dealers. Also, I'm an idiot so to do it myself it would have to be easy.

2. Member
    Is your touch bad shot or what is it doing?

3. Member
    I have the PDF with instructions on how to do it. Pm me your email and I will send you a copy.
    any local Cabela stores there? If so they can order the parts for you thru Stratos. Mine is still working (knock on wood), so I haven't done this yet to my 200.

4. Member
    I have the PDF Instructions, It's pretty involved. I'm waiting till this November and having a Marina do it when Labor Rates are cheaper. Send me your email address and I will send you the PDF File.

5. Member
    The power light won't shut off. There is no "click" when pushed. All of the accessories work correctly. I could kick myself. Last year I ordered the generic touch pad (no labels) from OPS Wireless to have as backup. Plugged it in yesterday and only faint lights appear. None of the buttons work. I should have tested it when I received it.

6. Member
    Stvinson I sent you a pm. I called Cabelas in Prairie du Chien and spoke with the boat service department. Person I spoke with was not aware of the parts or the ability to order thru Stratos. I live in Marion, IA. There is a Ranger dealer not too far away. I think I'll call them. I'm pretty sure I can order the parts from C and O Marine if I decide to do it myself.

7. Member
    So I have a question since I have an 2008 Champion 210 elite as well and my pad is still working. Would it not be easier to start over from scratch and just run all new wires instead of using the existing harness and trying to tie into it? Just saying
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I believe the switch kit comes with a new wiring harness.

9. Member
    Yeah but dang that's expensive
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I agree on that one So far, no issues with my 07. I have a keypad and controller from an owner that changed out to the switches, but have not had a chance to see which failed. Both have the electronics and mechanics potted with resin, so trying to get into them to repair anything will destroy them. My suspicion is that it could be corrosion on the connectors due to water contamination.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbjake View Post
    The power light won't shut off. There is no "click" when pushed. All of the accessories work correctly. I could kick myself. Last year I ordered the generic touch pad (no labels) from OPS Wireless to have as backup. Plugged it in yesterday and only faint lights appear. None of the buttons work. I should have tested it when I received it.
    I have the same boat and this occasionally happens to me. Unscrew the 4 screws that hold the panel on. Simply disconnect and the reconnect the wire that connects to the Main Power Button on the inside of the panel and it resets the panel.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKE EFFECT View Post
    I have the same boat and this occasionally happens to me. Unscrew the 4 screws that hold the panel on. Simply disconnect and the reconnect the wire that connects to the Main Power Button on the inside of the panel and it resets the panel.
    I've done that a number of times. No luck. When you push the power button there is no "click". All of the other buttons work correctly. Also, when you order the kit from C and O Marine everything is included including the wiring harness.

13. Member
    I've done that a number of times. No luck. When you push the power button there is no "click". All of the other buttons work correctly. Also, when you order the kit from C and O Marine everything is included including the wiring harness.
    Yes, everything is included: Bow Panel, Console Panel, Wiring Harness, Tubing to protect harness.

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Don't forget the controller in the rear compartment. You can disconnect the power there as well. Also make sure the positive and negative terminals and wire lugs are clean of any corrosion. Lowe's sells stainless and brass wire brushes that are good for cleaning small posts and terminal lugs. Might also check for corrosion around the wire harness connectors on the controller.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-B...Brush/50021968
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-S...Brush/50021966

15. Member
    The Stratos Parts needed are

Console Switch Panel - MP206R1
    Bow Switch Panel - MP372R1
    Breaker Panel - 7KE144
    Primary Harness - 7KE046

Also will need 11 feet of 1.50" Flex Pipe

16. Member

Breaker Panel - 7KE144
    Primary Harness - 7KE046

If anyone calls C&O could you ask for an installed price and share that with us?

Thanks,
    Taylor

17. Member
    I just remembered something that may be of interest. If I remember correctly on my 08 210 when I turn on something on the bow it makes the power light on the console touch pad light up. Before you drop the coin you might want to verify this point of info. Maybe it will be helpful
    GETFISHED !!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stvinson View Post

Breaker Panel - 7KE144
    Primary Harness - 7KE046

If anyone calls C&O could you ask for an installed price and share that with us?

Thanks,
    Taylor
    my up/down trim button on the bow doesn't work. Do you think I could just buy the above listed bow switch panel and that it would plug right in and problem solved? Would it be a matching fit for the mount hole on my bow ? 08 210
    GETFISHED !!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    my up/down trim button on the bow doesn't work. Do you think I could just buy the above listed bow switch panel and that it would plug right in and problem solved? Would it be a matching fit for the mount hole on my bow ? 08 210
    Just looked at the PDF to install, and it says the Bow opening has to be extended by 1 1/2" for the new panel to fit.

20. Member
    I suppose I could deal with that if the panel was plug and play. I better look into it before they're no available.
    GETFISHED !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast