Helix 10 Internal Screen Shots

I was out on the water a few days ago without my Zero Lines Card and saved some snapshots to the internal storage. I am having trouble getting them from the internal storage to an sd card. Is this not possible? I am given several options to delete but not any to save.

Also recently my X-press menu does not appear when I have a split screen up. The first time I hit menu I am getting the master menu not the express menu. Anyone else have that issue or did I accidentally change something?

Quote Originally Posted by ehudson94 View Post
    I was out on the water a few days ago without my Zero Lines Card and saved some snapshots to the internal storage. I am having trouble getting them from the internal storage to an sd card. Is this not possible? I am given several options to delete but not any to save.

Also recently my X-press menu does not appear when I have a split screen up. The first time I hit menu I am getting the master menu not the express menu. Anyone else have that issue or did I accidentally change something?
    The Helix does not write snapshot files to its memory. They are written directly to a memory card and filed in the SNAPSHOT folder.
    You have two choices for snapshots, one is just a picture file, and the other is with a companion waypoint file to display a waypoint snapshot (thumbnail size) on the Chart view.

Just checked my Helix 12 and I get an express menu with one button push that has Active Pane at the top to select which view the express menu matches.

No memory card=no snapshots.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I also found the x-press menu wouldn't show on some window combos in the past. I just went out to the garage to check which ones, and I can't recreate it-- X-press works on every one like Wayne said. It may be, if you're running your minn Kota linked to the unit like I do, x-press in some trolling motor modes could be inhibited. Or, the new software allows it all the time (I just updated last night so haven't been on the water).

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The Helix does not write snapshot files to its memory. They are written directly to a memory card and filed in the SNAPSHOT folder.
    You have two choices for snapshots, one is just a picture file, and the other is with a companion waypoint file to display a waypoint snapshot (thumbnail size) on the Chart view.

Just checked my Helix 12 and I get an express menu with one button push that has Active Pane at the top to select which view the express menu matches.

No memory card=no snapshots.
    Thanks for the reply. I honestly never thought to look at the files on the Lakemaster Map card, I feel pretty dumb. I knew I didnt have the ZLC in the unit but know the lakemaster map card was still in the unit.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ B View Post
    I also found the x-press menu wouldn't show on some window combos in the past. I just went out to the garage to check which ones, and I can't recreate it-- X-press works on every one like Wayne said. It may be, if you're running your minn Kota linked to the unit like I do, x-press in some trolling motor modes could be inhibited. Or, the new software allows it all the time (I just updated last night so haven't been on the water).
    I do have the unit linked with my Minn Kota. I have not checked each individual split screen to see of some still have the x-press menu working or it it is all of them. I know the split screen with side imaging and the lakemaster map and at least one other split screen are not activating the x-press menu with a single push of the menu button. I just did the most recent updates and its still not working. I'm going to try it with the Minn Kota off and see if they works or maybe even disconnect it from the unit.

6. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I honestly never thought to look at the files on the Lakemaster Map card, I feel pretty dumb. I knew I didnt have the ZLC in the unit but know the lakemaster map card was still in the unit.
    The Lakemaster Map card, should be "locked". Save waypoints and snapshots to a regular sd card.

7. Member
    I do have the unit linked with my Minn Kota. I have not checked each individual split screen to see of some still have the x-press menu working or it it is all of them. I know the split screen with side imaging and the lakemaster map and at least one other split screen are not activating the x-press menu with a single push of the menu button. I just did the most recent updates and its still not working. I'm going to try it with the Minn Kota off and see if they works or maybe even disconnect it from the unit.
    I have the same problem most of the time not all of the time with x-press menus in certain split screens even after the 1.460 update. For example the Sonar/Chart x-press menu does not work so you can not zoom, switch active panes, ect. however if you change views to Chart/Chart the x-press menu is there and allows all of the x-press functions. I also have a MinnKota Ulterra i-Pilot Link BT, I haven't tested with the trolling motor off. I do have to power up the trolling motor as the very last device after all of my other Helix's are connected to the network in order share SI/DI information.

8. Member
    Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried several different things to get the X-press menu back and I still dont have it our the ability to switch active panes.

Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS in Simulator, 1.460 software.

I get the active screen short-cut.

BUT with the sonar/chart view and the chart side active, when I zoom, the map disappears and the 2D view hesitates as it scrolls right to left plus most of the buttons stop working including the power button has a long delay shutting down.

In Normal, the zoom works OK.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 11-13-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    I've found my x-press menu stops working correctly when the plain CHART view is chosen after ipilot shows CONNECTED.

My workaround is to make CHART view hidden and instead use CHART INSTRUMENT view.

Can recreate it every time by selecting CHART view after ipilot has connected. After CHART view then going to a combo view the x-press menu no longer appears when hitting MENU one time.

Cheers,
    Scott