Bullet 20XD Wiring help

OK guys, I have a 1999 20XD and remember seeing somewhere on here that somebody ran larger gauge wiring form the battery to the fuse panel to power these huge graphs available today. I have a Helix 12 at the console and a Helix 12 at the bow and its pretty obvious that the wiring in the old girl isn't quite up to par for such a draw. I understand that I will most likely need a dedicated fuse block for the graphs that has its own dedicated power supply. What have you guys done to make this work on your rigs? I keep adding more stuff and everything draws power. The previous wiring seems to be wired directly to existing power in the front and at the bow and I want to get the cleanest power possible to all my electronics equipment. Thanks in advance....

2. Hagen
    Your on the right track, I set a new panel beside my existing using (I think 10ga) from the battery to the new panel and 10 all the way to the factory pigtail on the units them selves. I'm running 2 hds 10s a hds7, and a point one on a nmea network. Doing this has greatly brought my voltage up at the units. I haven't had any problems with mine set up this way.

One other thing, don't forget a good battery goes along way, I'm running the sears pm31 but they don't make them anymore. Might ask around and see what others are using.

3. Member
    Thanks a lot man. I went to a group 31 when I bought the boat. I'm just very aware that bullet wiring in 1999 wasn't made for 2 12" depthfinders!!!

What motor are you running? If you have a stator motor youre fixing to find the next weakness of theatre seating.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    2014 250 Pro XS

Run a big wire to a real marine power dist block. Id run #8 to the front and #10 to the console. Direct connection to the battery and nothing else on that block. Dont get one of those fuse block type things- when you add up all the connections thru fuses and all that its too much drop. If your finder's power cable has the fuse that should be the only one in line. If it doesnt have one get the best quality inline fuse holder you can find in the recommended fuse size in your owners manual.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector