Helix trolling motor interference prevention

I've got a Helix 12 Sonar/GPS G2N coming in on Tuesday, that will be installed at the trolling motor. I understand I'm supposed to exchange the transducer for the XTM 9 20 T, does that have similar additional RFI blocking mechanisms that the trolling motor specific DI transducer has?
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

does your Ultrex have US2? have you considered using that?
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    '00 Tracker ProTeam 185 Special Edition
    '99 75 hp Merc ELPTO (ser. 0G837626)
    Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/Ipilot
    Helix 10 Sonar/GPS / bow 360 / RC-1
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3
    STRICTLY Shimano and St. Croix!!!!

3. Member
    Yes it does, my understanding is that all Ultrex motors have US2. I've considered it, and I may try it, but figured I'd do the exchange since it didn't cost anything but the shipping.

4. Banned
    all ultrex models are us2

5. Member
    Does anybody have info on the first question I asked? Does the XTM 9 20 T transducer have that additional RFI blocking mechanisms that the trolling motor specific DI transducer does?

6. Member
    I used the transducer that came with my Helix mega chirp g2n and I have no interference issues. I'm pretty sure the transducer that is made for the trolling motor has better shielding for rfi. I did not want to wait hooking everything up so I used what came with the Helix.

I think it's a question for Humminbird ..... The DI transducer difference is common knowledge, but I haven't seen anything about the 2D transducer.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

8. Member
    Great, thanks for the info guys!

9. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    I've got a Helix 12 Sonar/GPS G2N coming in on Tuesday, that will be installed at the trolling motor. I understand I'm supposed to exchange the transducer for the XTM 9 20 T, does that have similar additional RFI blocking mechanisms that the trolling motor specific DI transducer has?
    Why do you have to exchange the transducer?

10. Member
    The transducer that came with the unit is designed to be mounted on the transom. The exchange give you a trolling motor specific transducer, and in the case of the TM specific DI transducer, it has built in rfi blocking mechanisms with help with interference.

Can someone tell me which transducer to use on the trolling motor because I'm having issues with interference with my unit also, it is the Ultrex with the Helix 10 down imaging also
    Ricky Rutherford
    2017 Legend V20
    2017 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Can someone tell me which transducer to use on the trolling motor because I'm having issues with interference with my unit also, it is the Ultrex with the Helix 10 down imaging also

There are two trolling motor puck DI transducers.

XTM 9 DI 25 T is tuned to the same 2D frequencies as the transom DI transducer -- 200/455 kHz --- 28/16 degrees

XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T is tuned to 83/200 kHz 2D --- 60/20 degrees

Choose the coverage you want with the transducer selection.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    I know I am a bit late to the party but what unit do you have(exact model #) The transducer you sited is 2D not down imaging. If it is an SI or Mega unit you don't need to swap transducers at all. Only for the DI unit. Bob

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I know I am a bit late to the party but what unit do you have(exact model #) The transducer you sited is 2D not down imaging. If it is an SI or Mega unit you don't need to swap transducers at all. Only for the DI unit. Bob
    I have the Helix 12 Sonar/GPS G2N, it's not DI or SI, it's the Sonar/GPS as stated. https://www.humminbird.com/Products/...CHIRP-GPS-G2N/

The original transducer is the transom mount 2D transducer, https://www.humminbird.com/Products/XNT-9-20-T/

I'm exchaning that transducer for the, https://www.humminbird.com/Products/XTM-9-20-T/

Wondering if that has the rfi blocking mechanisms as the https://www.humminbird.com/Products/XTM-9-WIDE-DI-20-T/ has

15. Member
    The TM signifies it is made for the trolling motor so I assume it is the one you want. However I think I would leave it in the box in case it is needed in the future. There is no advantage and several disadvantages over the US2 in your motor. Mainly buying or rigging a mechanism to run the wire up the trolling motor. My experience was also that TM interference is more of a problem with the imaging frequencies. Bob