Nitro Z9 Trailer Brake Actuator question

I have a 2010 Nitro Z9 and the disk brake actuator that's located in the tongue blew a seal and I lost trailer brakes. Does anyone know the model that Nitro used? I know it's manufactured by Tie Down.

I am reasonably sure that its a Bullet LP80 on my 2013. (now discontinued).

Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

3. Member
    What website is that diagram from

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish.rb View Post
    What website is that diagram from
    I went here ...http://www.tiedown.com/divisions/marine/ ... and then downloaded the PDF for the marine catalog.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

Call Tie Down (I don't have the number but you can Google it). They have a very good customer service department. I was looking for a seal that the BPS parts guy didn't have a clue about. TDE was able to give me the Nitro parts number. With that the BPS guy could find the ones he had on his shelf.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I found out that the Nitro part is discontinued but Tie Down manufactured the original under a different part number. The entire part is still made but under a Tie Down part number. Cost for a new one was $86, unbolts, slides out and new one slides in. Brakes lines were sort of a pain but I managed. Also bled with a vacuum pump which made things very easy.

7. Member
    This is good info. Thanks to all. I have a 2008 Z9, and wouldn't be surprised if mine goes out soon also.

The seals in the front of mine gave out and the whole seal popped out causing a massive leak of all of the fluid. I attempted to take the old one out the way the directions stated but it was impossible. I actually disconnected the brake line in front of the spare tire at the hard line junction point. I then carefully straightened out the hard line and pulled it all the way out of the tongue. This way I didn't round off the brass fittings at the master cylinder. You also have to disassemble the old one to get the reverse solenoid off to place it on the new one, which means that you have to do the same for the new one. Unfortunately if you disassemble the new one it would screw up the gasket. My advice on this is either get a new one from Tie Down when you order the master cylinder, or go to Home Depot and buy a 2 inch brass hose section like I did so it will clear the master cylinder and you can then install it. It also gave me about 2 inches of hose to play with when I fold the tongue around so the hose isn't stretched tight.

Thanks again everyone.