Thread: Live well split

Live well split

Hello all, not sure if anyone can help me or steer me in the right direction. Fished a tournament today and made a run and decided to check on the fish I had on that side once I stopped due to it being rough. And there was no water. We started investigating and found that the livewell was split for side to side right along the small drop down in the bottom. Should I contact skeeter? The boat is a 2009 21i , is there a warranty on something like this?

2. Member
    There is a chance you can get a new livewell, and highly doubt a warranty claim will be covered. I would just use some JB Weld or similar product to seal it. Cheap quick fix.

3. Member
    UPDATE... contacted skeeter and Darby wasn't available, I ended up talking to a different person named Dominic. He took all of my info and said he would look into it and get back to me. Within 3 days he contacted me and said the lw had to be ordered. Within a week after that I came home from work and the new one was waiting for me at my front door at no charge. Big props to skeeter for helping me solve this issue.

4. Member
    Thats awesome that Skeeter took care of you...

5. Member
    I have the same boat but hopefully not that issue. I have problems with water getting into the livewells unless I pump it in. I can open the valves but very little water enters the wells. very nice to hear that skeeter took good care of you

6. Member
    had this happen and used flex seal, did the job for 19.95..

7. Member
    So is there any more update to your situation? How hard is it to remove an old LW and replace. Sounds pretty damn difficult and hope I never have to go through your situation. But I do fish on some constant rough water and am scared I may run into this problem some day... Thanks for taking the time!

8. Member
    Have not changed it out yet, I have had the back deck lifted before. Im hoping that I can remove batteries and charger and get it out. More like praying...